• 63(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
(2012-03-19, 11:16)h8redv2 Wrote: Great news, then I only need to pass my 3D rips to tmt 5.
You can try the external player codes below. You should be able to playback 3d file with TMT5 and other files with the XBMC RC2 patches. You'll have a complete solution.....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- 3d player -->
<rule filename=".*_3d.*" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

You can name your 3d movie as shown below:

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but should I uninstall previous versions of XBMC before installing the 'patch' listed in the OP?

The reason I ask is because although the Digital Master Audio, True HD, etc. sound files are registering correctly with my A/V receiver, I'm having problems adding files/updating my movie and TV Shows library. Each time I uncheck the 'Library' option for Movies or TV Shows, XBMC rechecks the option instantly and I'm unable to add files to the library. If I uncheck or recheck the 'Flatten' option, then I am permitted to add folders/files. However, even though I've added folders, the files don't show up in the movie/TV shows library. Using the 'Flatten' radio button, I'm able to view the files but they don't appear in the library and the TVDB information does not pull down the show information from the Internet.

I'm new to the whole XBMC way of doing things, so I thought this 'patch' Windows Installer was an open the executable and the patch would find its way into the XBMC file system. It appears as though the Windows Executable actually reinstalled XBMC over the top of my existing install where I was able to add/remove/update my libraries without a hitch.

I'm guessing a full uninstall, including deleting the XBMC AppData folder will work, but I was just hoping for a little confirmation before I forged ahead.

Thank you, Daniela for your efforts! Ripping Blu-rays and playing them with their full audio and not having to pay TMT5 or whoever an extra hundred bucks is definitely nice...to say the least!

Thank you,
TC
Hi WassupTC, all versions in this thread are full installs, not patches per se, so they install not only the executable file but all support files as well. There was a change to the video library between Beta 2 and Beta 3, so any install of B3-RC2 now uses myvideos60.db as the video database.

If your version of the video database is earlier than 60, then it will be upgraded to 60 and all data should be seemlessly transferred to the new db. If you switch between this build and another build you may see differences in the library depending on what you've added while using this version.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-19, 20:33)DDDamian Wrote: Hi WassupTC, all versions in this thread are full installs, not patches per se, so they install not only the executable file but all support files as well. There was a change to the video library between Beta 2 and Beta 3, so any install of B3-RC2 now uses myvideos60.db as the video database.

If your version of the video database is earlier than 60, then it will be upgraded to 60 and all data should be seemlessly transferred to the new db. If you switch between this build and another build you may see differences in the library depending on what you've added while using this version.

I recall seeing the updated myvideos database, but the XBMC library functionality crapped out when I installed the version linked in Daniela's original post. When I try to add TV Shows and utilize the Library functionality I can't. I have two databases showing in my userdata folder. I'll try to delete the database folder and have XBMC regenerate the library. If that doesn't work I'll do a clean uninstall and then start from scratch.

BTW, how would I switch between builds? I just followed all of the default installation prompts when installing the file available in Daniela's first post. Maybe that's my problem...hmmmmm...
@wassupTC - I'd recommend grabbing the RC2 version in the second post of this thread and you won't have to switch between builds or libraries moving forward. BACKUP you're database first - you can always use the export XML, import XML functions to restore your library if something borks!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi guys, just a couple of things.

1. My evil "pause/unpause" audio breakage is back... I'm pretty sure it's probably always been broken but I just happened to notice it last night while watching a movie with a DTS-MA soundtrack. Pause/unpause of the video resulted in horrible audio distortion, If I stop playback and then resume from the same point in the video everything is fine. Is there anything additional that would help such as a pastebin log for seeing what is going on when this happens? It's like XBMC never gets back in sync with the audio.

2. This is sort of an OT question but is there a way to clean the XBMC database and rebuild it? I've re-encoded and changed some of my rips and even after removing and adding the shares back to XBMC it continues showing out of date data for these titles, I'd like to simply clean the database without completely removing XBMC and losing all of my settings.

Thx.
(2012-03-20, 16:50)voip-ninja Wrote: Hi guys, just a couple of things.

1. My evil "pause/unpause" audio breakage is back... I'm pretty sure it's probably always been broken but I just happened to notice it last night while watching a movie with a DTS-MA soundtrack. Pause/unpause of the video resulted in horrible audio distortion, If I stop playback and then resume from the same point in the video everything is fine. Is there anything additional that would help such as a pastebin log for seeing what is going on when this happens? It's like XBMC never gets back in sync with the audio.
I paused/unpaused movie on my HTPC last night, and it was fine. Have you try enable "Synce Playback to Display" and Video Clock "Resample Audio" in settings\videos\playback?

(2012-03-20, 16:50)voip-ninja Wrote: 2. This is sort of an OT question but is there a way to clean the XBMC database and rebuild it? I've re-encoded and changed some of my rips and even after removing and adding the shares back to XBMC it continues showing out of date data for these titles, I'd like to simply clean the database without completely removing XBMC and losing all of my settings.

Thx.
Have you try the "clean library" option in settings\videos\library? It seems to do a good job for me....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi voip-ninja

1) Is this after a long pause? If so, there is a known problem with WASAPI & receivers dropping connections after a while, and a pull-request for a patch by CrystalP on GitHub. If it's after a momentary pause do you get any messages about failing to inititialize the audio device?

2) Removing the source, selecting clean library should remove any entries. Are there out-of-date nfo files that are being rescanned after adding the source back in?
(2012-03-20, 17:56)DDDamian Wrote: Hi voip-ninja

1) Is this after a long pause? If so, there is a known problem with WASAPI & receivers dropping connections after a while, and a pull-request for a patch by CrystalP on GitHub. If it's after a momentary pause do you get any messages about failing to inititialize the audio device?

2) Removing the source, selecting clean library should remove any entries. Are there out-of-date nfo files that are being rescanned after adding the source back in?

Thanks Damian. The pauses have been as short as maybe 10-20 seconds, so I'm not sure if that is long enough but it does sound like the WASAPI problem you are describing. When playback is resumed the AVR continues to show the audio bitstream and you can hear parts of the audio but there is loud garbled noises, clicking, popping and the audio is very clearly out of sync with the video. It is also not impossible that the sync issue is specific to my model of AVR, but I never have this problem with playback of HD audio from other sources that I am aware of. Also, the problem does not affect non HD sources like DTS or DD 5.1.

The problem is not the end of the world (just kind of annoying) I have gotten in the habit of simply stopping playback and then resuming after I go and get a beer, take a leak, etc. I mainly worry about my wife using the system and getting confused/overwhelmed if she pauses it for 30 seconds and resumes and has audio failure.

I have not tried cleaning the library, I will give that a go.
Would the WASAPI bug only pick on HD audio?

Thx.

Just thought i would let you know that im having the same problem and it is when i pause for longer periods

9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2012-03-20, 20:05)voip-ninja Wrote: Would the WASAPI bug only pick on HD audio?

Unfortunately no, and you would get a pop-up (or at least some debug entries) about the audio device not being available Sad
Ah, sounds like I have a different problem then.
(2012-03-20, 20:30)wints Wrote: Just thought i would let you know that im having the same problem and it is when i pause for longer periods

Thanks for verifying! What model AVR do you have?
(2012-03-20, 20:30)wints Wrote:

Thx.

Just thought i would let you know that im having the same problem and it is when i pause for longer periods

Same here, also only when paused for a longer period.

I have a Sony DA2400ES and it seems to happen on both HD and non-HD audio. Stopping and resuming from the same position gets around the problem.

(2012-03-20, 21:47)fezster Wrote: Same here, also only when paused for a longer period.

I have a Sony DA2400ES and it seems to happen on both HD and non-HD audio. Stopping and resuming from the same position gets around the problem.

This is indicative of the bug I mentioned earlier - should affect all content not just HD. The patch by CrystalP should address this once it gets pulled into mainline, which I expect will be within the next few weeks.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17