• 80(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
bitstreaming is possible but just for standard DTS and DD codecs, not for MA
you can decode DTS-HD and TrueHD in the software player and send it out the video card as an 8 channel uncompressed LPCM track.
@bluray - comment from that same review.

Code:
I had read this review before buying mine and id like to point out that this card does not support hd audio bitstreaming, still a good card but i find the lack of hd audio bitstreaming a bit dissapointing.

That said, sometimes the drivers are well behind the hardware if you want to wait.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-08, 01:21)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-07, 23:55)apgood Wrote: The GTX570 doesn't support hd audio bitstreaming. Only 560 and below support bitstreaming. For some reason nvidia decided not to support it on their high end gaming cards. Might be different in the 6xx series but definitely the case in the 5xx and 4xx series.
I thought that I read several reviews, and it said that it supports bitstreaming. Here is one of review- Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 review

If you check out avsforum and sites like anandtech it's well documented that hd audio bitstreaming isn't supported. Unpacking to pcm works fine of course as nimo said.
(2012-04-08, 02:45)DDDamian Wrote: That said, sometimes the drivers are well behind the hardware if you want to wait.
That's sad....Sad

I don't get it...they have hardware to support bitstreaming, but they released it to consumer without driver to support it. It have been on the market for a while too.......Sad

(2012-04-08, 04:06)apgood Wrote: Unpacking to pcm works fine of course as nimo said.
We knew that....if we do that, it'll defeat the purpose of these awesome patches....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the replies. I never even thought to check if it bitstreamed HD, just assumed it would. That'll teach me.

(2012-04-08, 00:35)DDDamian Wrote: @minimoe - this thread turned into one of the best "mini-communities" on the forum Smile

I read and visit this thread everydaySmile
(2012-02-03, 21:00)DanielaE Wrote: Bitstreaming is not enabled for the XBMC music player (yet), but for testing purposes all of the above audio formats may be played with XBMC's video player.

Links:
Source: on GitHub
Binary: XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio Windows installer

Hi Dear DanielaE.. you doing a great job. i just have a question for you and it may sound stupid, what are the possibilities of enabling bitstreaming in the music player, is there any workaround to bitstream music files ie: mp3, flac, wav etc...Big Grin
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality !
My $0.02

Just finished building my HTPC based on an AMD A6-3650, Asus F1A75-M mobo and Win7.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver and bitstreaming works ok. Just tested a few files with
this special build (thanks DanielaE !!!!):

- MKV container with x264 and Dolby TrueHD works fine (TrueHD icon lights up on receiver, so definitely no "core")
- MKV container with x264 and DTS works ok
- MP4 container with x264 and AAC audio works ok, PC decodes to PCM, then streams PCM over HDMI to receiver
- AVI container with XVID and MP3 audio works ok, PC decodes to PCM, then streams PCM over HDMI to receiver

I don't have rips with MA, so couldn't test those.
(2012-04-09, 00:23)Senthil Wrote:
(2012-02-03, 21:00)DanielaE Wrote: Bitstreaming is not enabled for the XBMC music player (yet), but for testing purposes all of the above audio formats may be played with XBMC's video player.

Links:
Source: on GitHub
Binary: XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio Windows installer

Hi Dear DanielaE.. you doing a great job. i just have a question for you and it may sound stupid, what are the possibilities of enabling bitstreaming in the music player, is there any workaround to bitstream music files ie: mp3, flac, wav etc...Big Grin

Daniela can add to this, but here's a synopsis:
- mp3's cannot be "bitstreamed" they must be decoded as they are in the frequency/time spectrum, not amplitude/time, and need reconstruction at any rate. However they have no bitdepth, and can be decoded to any bitdepth, which in XBMC without AE is at 16bit. AE decodes them to float, which gives greater resolution.
- 16bit flac and wav are already bitstreamed as long as you have the volume in XBMC and Windows at 100% and are using exclusive mode for WASAPI. XBMC without AE cannot output higher than 16bits at this time, so 24bit flac is degraded in quality

That's the status now, maybe Daniela has something in the works? Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hey loekf, I have the exact same receiver as you! Can you try playing my 30 second star wars clip? it's dts es and won't play for me.. I thought it was daniela's build but I'm not sure now.. my htpc is a mac mini with intel hd 3000 graphics running windows

star wars dts es http://tinyurl.com/6nxe348

Here's a dts hd master audio clip that bitstreams great for me with daniela's build

http://tinyurl.com/bmxhmqo

(2012-04-09, 01:51)loekf Wrote: My $0.02

Just finished building my HTPC based on an AMD A6-3650, Asus F1A75-M mobo and Win7.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver and bitstreaming works ok. Just tested a few files with
this special build (thanks DanielaE !!!!):

- MKV container with x264 and Dolby TrueHD works fine (TrueHD icon lights up on receiver, so definitely no "core")
- MKV container with x264 and DTS works ok
- MP4 container with x264 and AAC audio works ok, PC decodes to PCM, then streams PCM over HDMI to receiver
- AVI container with XVID and MP3 audio works ok, PC decodes to PCM, then streams PCM over HDMI to receiver

I don't have rips with MA, so couldn't test those.

I tried out DanielA's xbmc built on my other computer with built in intel hd 2000.. with some usb headphones and I notice there's weird clicking in the sound for both the star wars and tron legacy videos I posted.. but they play the video fine.. whereas on my intel hd 3000 mac mini the star wars video won't even play.. stops after a few seconds
(2012-04-09, 02:12)DDDamian Wrote: That's the status now, maybe Daniela has something in the works? Wink

Thanks DDDamian.. great explanation Smile
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality !
(2012-04-09, 06:48)uncola Wrote: Hey loekf, I have the exact same receiver as you! Can you try playing my 30 second star wars clip? it's dts es and won't play for me.. I thought it was daniela's build but I'm not sure now.. my htpc is a mac mini with intel hd 3000 graphics running windows

star wars dts es http://tinyurl.com/6nxe348

Here's a dts hd master audio clip that bitstreams great for me with daniela's build

http://tinyurl.com/bmxhmqo

Thanks. Quick test:

- The Star Wars file just stops after a few secs, no sound
- The Tron file plays fine, with DTS MSTR lighting up on my receiver

Not sure why DTS-ES doesn't work on my system. Maybe it's the XBMC settings ?
Some results from me:

Used GPU: ATI HD5450
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR3007

First tried with XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio - no luck - video stuttered - audio had hickups

Then XBMC-AE-20120406 - runs fine, tested DTS-MA (from . iso) and DTS High Res from mkv

XBMC-AE-20120406 was simply installed over existing EDEN final.
I am not sure anymore how I installed XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio - might be this was a complete clean install.

Thanks for making HD-audio possible :-)))))
Realy great job.

Agreed - pls keep this thread for the HDAudio patch and refer AE feedback to: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124600
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17