• 85(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
Thanks Daniella,
Yet again a fantastic post that brings us a host of solutions for our problems.

The work you have done on this is fantastic and I am incredibly grateful for what you do.

You to Damian x
Great work Daniella,

Mines now working properly....just that one weird recording but I'll live with the disk lol
In case I missed it: is there a snippet of this recording available for testing?
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
thanks DanielaE again for your effort...I recently tried RC2 audioengine and, compared to your patch, at least for my rig, is far from perfection...

Just a question about A/V sync playback (ok, maybe I'm the lonely one who use it...).

My european LG seems to accept only 24.000hz and not 23.976hz, so I speed up lot of 23.976 movies to 24.000, with sync to playback on and video dupe/drop sync method. No frame drop and HD audio is bitstreamed with no drops.

With this method is the audio stream synced only when it drift too far away or is it synced constantly?

Thanks,
Paolo.
Windows 7 32bit Home Professional - ASUS E35M1-M PRO - OCZ SSD 50GB drive - Mini ITX case - HDMI -> Onkyo TX SR608 > HDMI - LG PX950N 60" plasma TV | Eden pre11.0 beta 3 DDDamian build
I just wanted to say thank you for your work on this. I really liked the program but with out Bitstream it's useless to me. I just installed XBMC yesterday and got it all setup and loved it. Then noticed it didn't have bitstream. Found this thread today and all I can say is THANK YOU.
(2012-04-18, 12:40)DanielaE Wrote: In case I missed it: is there a snippet of this recording available for testing?

I'm going to try ripping it again and see what happens...I have noticed a few recordings are only outputting stereo so will investigate that further as well!!
(2012-04-18, 17:38)Phantom_Zone Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 12:40)DanielaE Wrote: In case I missed it: is there a snippet of this recording available for testing?

I'm going to try ripping it again and see what happens...I have noticed a few recordings are only outputting stereo so will investigate that further as well!!

You sure you set the speaker settings to your actual speaker setup ? By default XBMC uses 2.0, you have to set it to 5.1 etc. to avoid
a stereo downmix (to 16-bits stereo PCM I assume, if you use HDMI).
(2012-04-18, 16:21)paolov74 Wrote: thanks DanielaE again for your effort...I recently tried RC2 audioengine and, compared to your patch, at least for my rig, is far from perfection...

Just a question about A/V sync playback (ok, maybe I'm the lonely one who use it...).

My european LG seems to accept only 24.000hz and not 23.976hz, so I speed up lot of 23.976 movies to 24.000, with sync to playback on and video dupe/drop sync method. No frame drop and HD audio is bitstreamed with no drops.

With this method is the audio stream synced only when it drift too far away or is it synced constantly?

Thanks,
Paolo.

With my Philips TV (EU model, I live in Holland), I have to set:

adjust display refresh rate to match video [on]
sync playback to display [off]

When I set A/V sync also on, I'm getting audio playing ok, but the video is choppy. I never had problems with 23.976 fps, which is the BD standard btw. AFAIK when you play, for example, a BD movie with a PS3 or BD player it outputs at 23.976 fps regardless of the region (24/1001 fps).

HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2012-04-18, 10:09)minimoe Wrote: Thanks Daniela, all problems solved! Image

Hmm...spoke too soon. The problem with my Se7en DTS-ES DVD I mentioned a couple of day ago remains.

Something strange happens. When I play the DVD from the beginning, I get no audio and many dropped frames (log -DTS playback starts around line 1160).

Now, if I restart XBMC and play the DVD from the point it was previously stopped, everything is fine. The frame rate is normal and in the OSD I can see all audio info (log - line 750) Huh

And something else, perhaps relevant: looks like XBMC tries to play a 576p25 DVD at 50fps. With Eden it plays at 25fps.
It's no big deal (it's the only DVD that gives me trouble) but I thought you might want to look into it.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
I'm not exactly a fan of log files when we can do better than that. I'm always getting the impression this is a bad sequel of the movie The Men Who Stare at Goats: The Coders Who Stare at Logs, that is.

As before: make snippets of these media files available to me (after checking that those snippets exhibit the same faulty behaviour on your system as the full files) and I am going to look into that. I need to reproduce issues on my development system under control of the debugger to get a better understanding of what's going on. It's as easy as that.
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
(2012-04-18, 17:45)loekf Wrote: You sure you set the speaker settings to your actual speaker setup ? By default XBMC uses 2.0, you have to set it to 5.1 etc. to avoid

lol..yea...I've tried about 50 movies and all play HD audio...3 I've found so far not playing ball are Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 for some reason...

I'm finding the odd one only playing DTS instead of MA so dear knows...

Not the end of the world though....
This would indicate a problem with LPCM then. All of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have LPCM audio tracks on the Blu-Ray release...mine all do anyway, and my receiver indicates MULTI CHANNEL when playing them meaning that it detected LPCM. Kill Bill, 300, Hidalgo, and 3:10 to Yuma have LPCM tracks as well if you have any of those to try and see if they exhibit the same behavior.

If your receiver supports DTS-MA and LPCM, make sure under Settings>>System>>Audio output, that you have:
  • receiver supports: DTS-HD Master Audio
  • receiver gets other DTS formats: decoded(LPCM)

(2012-04-18, 20:39)Phantom_Zone Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 17:45)loekf Wrote: You sure you set the speaker settings to your actual speaker setup ? By default XBMC uses 2.0, you have to set it to 5.1 etc. to avoid

lol..yea...I've tried about 50 movies and all play HD audio...3 I've found so far not playing ball are Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 for some reason...

I'm finding the odd one only playing DTS instead of MA so dear knows...

Not the end of the world though....

Hi,

I'm using RC2 version with the HD patch with my system:

- PC: Core2 Quad Q9450 / 8GB / Windows 7 x64
- Graphics card: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450
- HDMI cable to a Yamaha YST-S401 (http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/aud...ht-s401_w/)
- HDMI from the Yamaha to the Philips 42PFL8404H (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbin...k_Software)

I have a clean Windows 7 setup (no codecs pack, only DirectX and ATI Catalyst 12.3 with the AMD HDMI Audio Driver). I watch movies using XBMC in the TV (secondary monitor) or using MPC-HC (if I use the primary monitor). As I'm not an advanced user I don't have excesive problems mainly because I don't have a lot of media with HD audio. A big percentage of them are AC3 or DTS.

The only thing I've noted when watching MKV at 720p (I'll post the info for the files if necessary) is that every some minutes, the movie seems to be slow for a couple of seconds. After that it continues well. Any idea about what must I do look for? Is something related to the FPS or Hz? Do I need to configure Catalyst, XBMC or TV with some non default settings? If yes, can you refer to me a guide about that?

For the audio configuration I've set up the following:
- HDMI 7.1
- DD AC3 capable receiver
- Support DTS-HD Master Audio (is this the best sound my receiver accepts, isn'it?)
- Other DTS as decoded (LPCM) (I suppose it doesn't matter because of the other setting)
- DD+ capable receiver
- Dolby TrueHD capable receiver
- Audio WASAPI AMD HDMI Output

Is this config correct?

Any tips about how to configure correctly XBMC for a TV will be very appreciated.

Thanks.
(2012-04-18, 21:53)OtisPresley Wrote: This would indicate a problem with LPCM then. All of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have LPCM audio tracks on the Blu-Ray release...mine all do anyway, and my receiver indicates MULTI CHANNEL when playing them meaning that it detected LPCM. Kill Bill, 300, Hidalgo, and 3:10 to Yuma have LPCM tracks as well if you have any of those to try and see if they exhibit the same behavior.

If your receiver supports DTS-MA and LPCM, make sure under Settings>>System>>Audio output, that you have:

Ah ok...Kill Bill Part 1 plays stereo, 300 Dolby True HD, Hidalgo I don't have and yes, 3:10 to Yuma plays stereo...

My settings are right and my amp does support LPCM! (Pioneer SC-LX85)

Anyone else having this issue? (or am I dimly missing something!)

I have noticed a problem with one specific title on my machine that has been running the last few of these builds (never can reproduce the problem on my other boxes running the regular non HD Audio version).

It occurs in the 2011 title Drive between the 55:00 and 55:10 time sequence, one car starts to overtake the other and the whole front corner of the car in the foreground of the shot pixelates very noticeably. It might have nothing to do with HD audio build (could be an odd-ball video card driver thing or something else) but I have not reproduced it with other machines that are running regular builds.

I thought it was just that my copy of the movie had a problem when I ripped it, so I actually borrowed a copy from a friend, ripped it again and the problem occurs in exactly the same spot, so I suspect it's a problem unique to this title and the HD audio builds or perhaps video drivers for my ATI 6450 causing the issue.

I can create and upload a sample if that would help. I am very curious of anyone else can confirm whether or not they get the problem with the same title that is a straight BD rip.
(2012-04-18, 22:31)Phantom_Zone Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 21:53)OtisPresley Wrote: This would indicate a problem with LPCM then. All of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have LPCM audio tracks on the Blu-Ray release...mine all do anyway, and my receiver indicates MULTI CHANNEL when playing them meaning that it detected LPCM. Kill Bill, 300, Hidalgo, and 3:10 to Yuma have LPCM tracks as well if you have any of those to try and see if they exhibit the same behavior.

Ah ok...Kill Bill Part 1 plays stereo, 300 Dolby True HD, Hidalgo I don't have and yes, 3:10 to Yuma plays stereo...

My settings are right and my amp does support LPCM! (Pioneer SC-LX85)

Anyone else having this issue? (or am I dimly missing something!)
Check that your windows sound settings are set to 5.1 (or whatever config you have) Its the only way I could effectively playback lpcm and flac tracks as they cannot be bitstreamed AFAIK, but require decoding before being passed to the receiver as LPCM. No doubt DanielaE or DDDamien will confirm/correct this info in due course.

Great work you two by the way

• 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17