• 61(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
@simpic - does it play correctly in MPC-HC or VLC? Any other files doing the same or just this one?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:@simpic - does it play correctly in MPC-HC or VLC? Any other files doing the same or just this one?

Hi,

Currently watching it through MPC-HC with no issues.

Not in DTS mind you as I haven't set up the external filters as it's a brand new install of WIN7, XBMC (This build) and now MPC-HC.

Issues in XBMC seem to be everything from this series. Maybe it's the media?

I did a quick check of a DTS-HD Master movie (300) and it's all fine via XBMC.
It would appear speaker config option in System Settings - Audio Output is not available, It's stuck on 2.0, I can't change it.

Would this be a factor?
simpic Wrote:It would appear speaker config option in System Settings - Audio Output is not available, It's stuck on 2.0, I can't change it.

Would this be a factor?
You should be able to change it. If you cannot change it, something might be corrupted in the current guisettings. You can try to rename guisettings in (\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder to guisettings_orig, and then launch XBMC to generate a new guisettings....then try to reconfigure audio output.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
simpic Wrote:It would appear speaker config option in System Settings - Audio Output is not available, It's stuck on 2.0, I can't change it.

Would this be a factor?

It won't be a factor for DTS passthrough, but it's odd. Have you selected HDMI as the output, and a WASAPI device as the audio output device? If those are incorrect you may not be able to change from 2.0. I assume those are good if you actually got DTS-MA from 300.

Your settings should look similar to the settings in the first picture of the first post in this thread.

If you still have problems feel free to post a debug log (be sure to enable debugging in System>Settings>System>Debugging). If it appears to be just that series you can PM me a link to the media if available and I'll test it.

Note that forums are expected to be down sometime this weekend as we move to the new forum site, so there could be a delay in responding.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Wow, works great!

Amd A8 3870k APU
Biostar A75TM Mobo
Pioneer VSX-1021K Receiver (5.1 Speaker config)

Just installed and played a few LOSS LESS trailers, all show DTS-HD /DTS MSTR on receiver LCD...

Previously I could only run HD Audio via MPC-HC and had to re-configure FFD settings and exude some windows MPEG codecs inside MPC which broke Media Center Live TV somehow...it kept saying audio codecs needed to play tv were not found....

Thanks so much, hope this gets implemented into EDEN officially...if I run into any problems I will let you guys know...

Thank You again!
DDDamian Wrote:Have you selected HDMI as the output, and a WASAPI device as the audio output device?
I made DirectSound capable of bitstream pass-through as well. May be this helps people with WASAPI problems.
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
(2012-03-11, 11:50)DanielaE Wrote:
DDDamian Wrote:Have you selected HDMI as the output, and a WASAPI device as the audio output device?
I made DirectSound capable of bitstream pass-through as well. May be this helps people with WASAPI problems.

I saw that, but if anything else plays (system sound, etc) it would break passthrough I think. WASAPI's definitely best as long as the sound drivers are good.
Hi, i use this patch for HD HDMI Wasapi bitstreaming and all is ok..
i want to know if is possible to add an option to use this setting for movies and add a 2nd wasapi audio output for music.
So if i want to view movies i using this if i want to listen music i can use my usb DAC to output audio of flac hd files.
(2012-03-12, 04:32)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-11, 11:50)DanielaE Wrote:

I saw that, but if anything else plays (system sound, etc) it would break passthrough I think. WASAPI's definitely best as long as the sound drivers are good.

Hi Daniela - just confirming DirectSound will not allow passthrough as expected - it'll reject passthrough formats as it controls the output format Sad Any call to initialize DirectSound needs to use it's sample rate/data format or be rejected.
Just wanted to add my support to this thread and to thank DanielaE and DDD for their help in integrating this into XBMC.
(2012-03-12, 17:17)luckyaua Wrote: Hi, i use this patch for HD HDMI Wasapi bitstreaming and all is ok..
i want to know if is possible to add an option to use this setting for movies and add a 2nd wasapi audio output for music.
So if i want to view movies i using this if i want to listen music i can use my usb DAC to output audio of flac hd files.

Not likely to be an option for a while at best. There does seem to be demand for it though - other threads on it now.
(2012-03-10, 22:50)DDDamian Wrote:
Jaypeg Wrote:Anyone having any trouble playing mp3 audio on avi-files using this patch, the error seems to be consistent throughout my avi files with mp3 audio?

Furthermore, I don't get any audio on avi-files with ogg audio, but that is a general issue for Eden? I've seen some posts on the forum regarding this, but you guys might know something I guessed Wink

Update: It seems I have the same problem on normal RC2 client. The problem disappears when I set audio output to analog

It looks like it's trying to open the mp3 as passthrough, which most receivers will not accept. Not sure why it would do that (mine doesn't) unless you have the tag enabled in guisettings.xml

Code:
<audiooutput>
        <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
        <audiodevice>wasapi:AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)</audiodevice>
        <channellayout>9</channellayout>
        <dontnormalizelevels>false</dontnormalizelevels>
        <dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
        <mode>2</mode>
        <passthroughaac>true</passthroughaac>
        <passthroughmp1>false</passthroughmp1>
        <passthroughmp2>false</passthroughmp2>
        [b]<passthroughmp3>false</passthroughmp3>[/b]
    </audiooutput>

Have a look and make sure it's false.

For OGG I can't say - don't have any to test with.

Sorry for the delay, but thanks for the answer will try. Have reinstalled xbmc and it works again Smile
(2012-03-12, 23:47)Jaypeg Wrote: Sorry for the delay, but thanks for the answer will try. Have reinstalled xbmc and it works again Smile

Glad to hear it. Some versions of XBMC have "Receiver accepts MP3" as a GUI option, so it might have been toggled at some point. The re-install probably cleared it Smile
(2012-03-09, 22:21)DDDamian Wrote:
voip-ninja Wrote:Damian is right. When I had my Intel graphics the WASAPI showed the name of my TV even though that was the last device in the HDMI chain. With the AMD card I see the "WASAPI AMD" device name.

Yeah, that string comes from the driver via Windows. It will vary based on the driver. Sounds like WASAPI Exclusive is not enabled and that is what this build expects. If it's DirectSound or WASAPI shared it will be mixed-down by the Windows API layer and not passed through.

@DJ Freddy D, if it doesn't work still after trying what I've suggested, throw up a debug log and I'll have all the gory details Wink

Finally had the time to play around with this. I just remembered when I went from Dharma to this version of XBMC I just updated instead of removing old version and doing a clean install. I uninstalled XBMC and re-installed. I now get that infamous "D" for digital nowSmile

Thanks DDaminan and Bluray for your help!
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17