Help with hooking up email on xbmc!
hey can someone help me with hooking up the email in xbmc Huh this is how i have thew mail retriever.py setup!!!!!!!
********edit the following variables to reflect your settings

server = 'http://www.yahoo.com'
user = 'mikenewf'
pass = '4571'
tempfolder = 'q:\\scripts\\tempfolder\\'

but, it sayz problems connecting to sever can someone please help !!!!
i don't know if yahoo mail is supported but wouldn't you want mail.yahoo.com?
we got a dedicated forum for python (scripts) stuff, please respect this and look twice in future before hitting the post button
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ya sorry about that i thought it said developers , i read it wrong lol thx for moving it
does any one know a mail sever that works with mailretriever.py Huh?
the last time i used yahoo! mail, they require you to pay for the pop3 feature. same goes with hotmail.you can try signing up at hotpop.com, which is a free e-mail provider. their pop3 address is pop.hotpop.com, which should work with the e-mail script.

also your isp should have a free e-mail account enabled for you to use which also supports pop3 that can be used in the script (usually the pop3 of their e-mail is mail.------.com or net)

a screenshot of the script running (i've edited it to match the pmiii theme) Smile
where your mailretriever.py can be found ??

i know another one : emailnotifier.py that show the number of unread mails on your server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with hooking up email on xbmc!0