Open Source Automation
I hope this in the right forum. If not, feel free to move it.

I have created a plugin for the home automation program Open Source Automation that can interact with XBMC. As of now it can play/stop/pause video and receive notifications about the state of media that is playing. This can be useful in home automation for the following examples:

- When the doorbell/phone rings, automatically pause video and brighten the lights.
- Automatically dim lights when a video begins playing and brighten them when stopping or pausing.

Of course there is a lot more that is possible, bu these are some basic examples.

I thought some users here might be interested in integrating XBMC into a home automation system. I will continue to post updates about the plugin as they are developed.
Very cool... I have not tried OSA in a while, it was quirky and I had problems with it. How is it working these days?

Is it supporting both Zwave and Insteon?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Yes, OSA supports Insteon and ZWave.
A new version of our XBMC plugin has been release to now support Eden.

Also, we have spent a lot of time working on making the install process easier in the last couple versions in order to help solve problems getting up and running. Hopefully it will be a better experience than Livin had, but if not, we are always willing to help! Smile
To anyone who may be interested we have released a couple new versions of our home automation software since I last posted about it. The XBMC plugin has been updated as well to work with the latest version so you can integrate the best media center available into your home automation system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open Source Automation0