activate LCD (guisettings changes back)
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to XBMC and im loving it, yesterday fixed my remote with eventghost. Great!

I'm trying to get XBMC working with my (targa) LCD display, but i have a little noob problem. Blush My problem start right at in the beginning, by activating the LCD.

To activate the LCD <haslcd> in guisettings.xml must have a true value. The whole value is missing in my guisettings. On the forum i found the value

- <videoscreen>
<blankdisplays>false</blankdisplays>
<fakefullscreen>false</fakefullscreen>
<guicalibration />
<haslcd>true</haslcd>
<resolution>0</resolution>
<screen>0</screen>
<screenmode>DESKTOP</screenmode>
<vsync>2</vsync>
</videoscreen>

If i change the guisettings and launch XBMC, XBMC changes it back (to default?) and removes my xml line. Is there something im doing wrong?

My lcd was built in when i bought my computer in the shop ( win xp, amd64 4200). it works with windows mediaplayer, do i also need LCDproc to get things working with xbmc?

Thanks!
I am having the same problem. I verified the edit was saved by re-opening the .xml with another editor. Then after launching XBMC the LCD doesn't behave and when I go back to look at the edit, is has been removed. I have searched the wiki and the forums for the answer and all I found was confirmation on where to put the <haslcd> line in the .xml file.
LCD support is done via add-ons. It's not in Frodo.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
activate LCD (guisettings changes back)0