XBMC AirPlay Mirroring
From Mac you can mirror your screen already with air parrot. http://airparrot.com/
AirParrot requires a second generation Apple TV running iOS 4.4 or later.
This is an issue for me as I'm on 4.3 but videos look pretty good.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Okey then can I share iPad's screen with AirPlay !!! NOT MIRRORING !!!

Thanks
(2012-02-05, 02:35)maruchan Wrote: AirPlay mirroring will probably never be available. From what little is known, it does not simply take the image from your iPad screen and send it to the ATV2, but instead works by sending the apps themselves directly to the ATV2 and running them natively. This reduces latency and provides a smoother experience, but means it only works with Apple's processors.

To get mirroring to work on a PC would require an emulator to be written that runs iOS, in addition to reverse engineering the decryption that protects the whole system. Even if someone actually went through all of the trouble to do this... Apple could defeat it with a software update, rendering hours (if not months/years) of work pointless. :p If you want mirroring, buy an ATV2.

But ATV2 not working on Turkey
So the complexity of Airplay Mirroring is through WiFi? It's already possible to mirror through the HDMI output cable using a jailbroken iPhone and Display Out from Cydia.
(2012-05-17, 11:19)tranceology3 Wrote: So the complexity of Airplay Mirroring is through WiFi? It's already possible to mirror through the HDMI output cable using a jailbroken iPhone and Display Out from Cydia.

Nightly (Pre-v12) versions now support native TV out cables. 720 on A4 devices, 1080 on A5 devices.
This extra functionality is complete public ... you can find it here:

http://nto.github.com/AirPlay.html#screenmirroring
Never say never. Wink

I was on a web conference today and a guy shared his iPad screen to his Windows 7 computer using a piece of software called AirServer. It was over a WebEx, so he wasn't showing games or anything... but what he did show seemed to work pretty well.
(2012-06-07, 11:11)fns76 Wrote: This extra functionality is complete public ... you can find it here:

http://nto.github.com/AirPlay.html#screenmirroring

Since Mountain Lion was released a few days before and it seems like mirroring is just an ordinary video-stream like airplay, I'm wondering if there are any XBMC-related news on this topic? I would love to stream anything I like to my TV (:
Mirroring would be awesome on XBMC.. or I hope someone comes out with a JB for ATV3.
some talented developer out there who could implement the display mirroring? would be really awesome Smile
Need this!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Any update?
I know, the devs are already annoyed by this but I'm really interested in this. The only reason why I still use my Apple TV.
I would contribute to this as good as I can, just tell me what to do. Smile
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
implement it - the only contribution which helps here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC AirPlay Mirroring0