XBMC 11.0: Eden Beta 2 dont work on intel i3 built in gfx.
Not sure where to report this but here i go.

the 10.x versions work but the 11.0 Eden beta 2 give very bad gfx when playing movies. Huge pixel errors.

I got intels latest gfx driver for there built in gfx for the intel i3 CPU.

I hade to reinstall the 10 version to be able to play movies again.

(the layout of things was alot better with the 10 version nighly buids then the 11 beta, it felt old.)
I've got an Intel DH55TC with an i3 530, and I haven't noticed any playback issues. What movies are you having troubles with?
kegobeer Wrote:I've got an Intel DH55TC with an i3 530, and I haven't noticed any playback issues. What movies are you having troubles with?

Think I only tested a few 720 or 1080 .mkv files

Hardware: INTEL DESKTOP BOARD DH67CFB3 H67 S-1155 MINI-ITX
CPU: INTEL CORE I3 2100 3.10GHZ 3MB S-1155
Without a debug log, I doubt the devs will be able to help you.
Sranshaft Wrote:Without a debug log, I doubt the devs will be able to help you.

I guess they already know about this problem, else they would ask me for one.
I wouldn't wait - just post a debug log.
No Log means it didn't happen.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
fableman Wrote:Not sure where to report this but here i go.

the 10.x versions work but the 11.0 Eden beta 2 give very bad gfx when playing movies. Huge pixel errors.

I got intels latest gfx driver for there built in gfx for the intel i3 CPU.

I hade to reinstall the 10 version to be able to play movies again.

(the layout of things was alot better with the 10 version nighly buids then the 11 beta, it felt old.)

Let me guess, you have turned on the DXVA option for the Intel graphics? Don't do that, it doesn't work.

The i3 iGPU does a beautiful job playing everything you throw at it as long as you don't enable DXVA!!.

I've seen people argue that DXVA is "necessary" because it reduces CPU usage by 10-15%. Which is pretty ridiculous since i3 can play a full 1080P BD rip using about 25% CPU.
voip-ninja Wrote:Let me guess, you have turned on the DXVA option for the Intel graphics? Don't do that, it doesn't work.

The i3 iGPU does a beautiful job playing everything you throw at it as long as you don't enable DXVA!!.

I've seen people argue that DXVA is "necessary" because it reduces CPU usage by 10-15%. Which is pretty ridiculous since i3 can play a full 1080P BD rip using about 25% CPU.

I know I haven't disable any cpu/gfx functions guess that's a problem for xbmc to fix. If DXVA works on version 10 why not on 11?

Would be kinda bad if xbmc would start to force people to turn off functions, that's not the road to go.
fableman Wrote:I know I haven't disable any cpu/gfx functions guess that's a problem for xbmc to fix. If DXVA works on version 10 why not on 11?

Would be kinda bad if xbmc would start to force people to turn off functions, that's not the road to go.

XBMC has not worked fully with i3 integrated graphics in either 10.1 or in the 11 betas.

And, DXVA is not enabled by default, you have to go and turn it on.

I think you should still check, because it sounds like you need to go in and turn DXVA off and solve your problem.

The issue is not with XBMC, it is with the Intel iGPU drivers. However, the i3 has more than enough muscle to do all of the graphics work in the cpu so there's no reason that hardware acceleration must be enabled, unless you are going to obsess about an extra 10% CPU usage on your machine.
If i install the V11 playback is messy if I reinstall V10 everything is fine, i change nothing , just the xbmc version.

I never enabled DXVA what i know, don't even know where to enable it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0: Eden Beta 2 dont work on intel i3 built in gfx.0