Playing video file issues
I have a mac mini 2.5 i5 with lion. I just got Chuck the series and this is the issue
.avi files it see's them, gives me a screen shot, does not play and will not pull info from the internet.
I converted it to .MKV, WMV, and MP4, same problem. Does not play but still get a screen shot in the preview pane.

Help

It does play all my concerts and movies SD and HD in several formats.
I just switched from Boxee pc software to XBMC out of a reccomendation from a friend. I have added all of the folders which I would like XMBC to scan and have access to. I added a Downloads folder, Movies, Music, and TV Shows. My problem is the only folder that will play files is the Movies folder. It will play all of the movies within the folder. I have movies in the Downloads folder, but XBMC doesn't show them, so I am unable to select them to play. I have tv shows in the download folder. I am able to see these files which range from avi, to mkv. in format, yet XBMC will not play the. Now I have the same formats in my movies folder and XBMC has no problem displaying and playing those.

Can anyone please help me with this issue. I had no problem with Boxee in playing these files. I run Win 7 unltimate 64bit. The reason I changed from Boxee to XBMC is for a nicer gui and better support, but feel I must switch back if XBMC cannot play anything outside of my Movie folder.

Thanks.
That's very abnormal behavior. Need more info, though. Debug log would be good: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

Also, what version of XBMC are you using? Are these files/folders locally on the HDD, or over the network?
Hmm, how about turn to the Mac app store and just get a video converter such as iFunia AVI-Converter, convert the avi files on your Lion, then get to play with the XBMC.
Bellu Wrote:Hmm, how about turn to the Mac app store and just get a video converter such as iFunia AVI-Converter, convert the avi files on your Lion, then get to play with the XBMC.

You should change your name to iFunia Guy.
Bellu Wrote:Hmm, how about turn to the Mac app store and just get a video converter such as iFunia AVI-Converter, convert the avi files on your Lion, then get to play with the XBMC.

That defeats one of the big reasons to use XBMC; being able to play just about anything without having to transcode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing video file issues0