No audio (all of a sudden)
After fooling around to get my Library rebuilt (successfully, thanks to a few guys here!) ----- suddenly no audio.

Presume this is a settings issue since movie audio comes out fine when played in WMP. However, I've gone into Settings>Audio and tried all combinations of output type & Realtek driver listed & no success.

Any chance there is a bug I have encountered?
You are having a tough time lol. What are you trying to play?

Let me know what your Windows settings and XBMC settings are.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Since upgrading to Eden Beta 2, I have had audio problems as well, but when I went into OSD, I found that it was because the volume was resetting to -60.0 db after every restart. Have you looked into the volume settings there? Maybe I'm not the only one.
@sourbob - never had to play with it, but there is a setting in guisettings.xml:

Code:
<audio>
        <mute>false</mute>
        <volumelevel>0</volumelevel>
        <premutevolumelevel>0</premutevolumelevel>
        <dynamicrangecompression>0</dynamicrangecompression>
</audio>
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Ha, thanks DDD. No problem - as always, it's operator error and now OK.

But about Add-ons ~~~~~~~~

1. Any recommendaitons? So mnay and so little description.

2. I saw one that said, "Netflix for XBMC". Really? W/o charge?

3. Any that allow viewing of TV broadcasts out of area? Here in San Diego the local sports seem to always be 'blacked out' - would be nice to be able to view other cities broadcasts where these things are available.
Soooo many great addons, from weather to sports etc.

Search for repository and you'll find links to repos beyond the official XBMC repo.

1) I love CULyrics for song lyrics, National Geographic, Canada on Demand (Canuck here lol), Weather Underground especially with Transparancy skin, CDArt, Artwork Downloader, so many!

2) Netflix requires an account. There was Icefilms, but it's down and no longer discussable here due to the Piracy Policy - go to xbmchub.info

3) Many sports streamers have just been shut down two days or so ago by the New York cops. Search for sports in the forums tho and you'll get results.

Good luck!
That was a solid idea, DDDamian, but alas, no luck.
sourbob Wrote:That was a solid idea, DDDamian, but alas, no luck.

That's the only place I've found a reference to the volume setting, and it's the logical place to store it. Is it just in videos or music as well?

I always have mine at 100% and use the amp to control volume, but it does at least remember the 100% setting.

Let me know if it affects both music and video and I'll try figure it out.
Turns out it was a conflict with my Android XBMC remote. I fired that up and turned the volume up from there and everything went back to normal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio (all of a sudden)0