3D for the monocular (off topic)
Can't post in off topic sorry (insufficient rights)

3D does not always go hand in hand with XBMC and i understand the devs have limited time and or finance after all they are doing this for free.

That said i have seen many posts about 3D and I for one am very interested. Not because it's just coming of age but in the way it is. Current 3D requires glasses this surely is not the way forward. I got in a little tiff on these forums a few weeks back with someone claiming i could not see 3D because I am blind in one eye. They gave a convincing argument (I even believed it for myself for a while) but they are wrong here is the future for us half blind,monocular one eyed people Smile

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1006/1006.1475.pdf
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

So the article says that if there are two points that are in different fields of focus then the sensation of 3D is felt (as both points can't be in focus at the same time)?

But wouldn't the amount of depth be less certain so you wouldn't know how far out of the screen the image was you would just know it was out of the screen?

As a person with no eye problems I still don't like 3D films. Interestingly there are people who can't see 3D films due to the way their brain works... i'm beginning to think I am one of them - Never see thing "jump out of the screen".
(not the most reliable source but it seems to be undisputed - http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/...-see-in-3d)

Interesting article though.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
"two points that are in different fields of focus then the sensation of 3D is felt"

Thats how i see everyday, to me it's 3D might not be the way 3D is defined but its good enough for me.

"But wouldn't the amount of depth be less certain so you wouldn't know how far out of the screen the image was you would just know it was out of the screen"

I don't know, part of why i am posting here, must be more people in my situation
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts

Personally, I hope that all this 3D crap will go drown in a lake. I can see it just fine, but I find that it adds absolutely nothing to the experience.
I know someone who has one eye and they get a 3D effect when watching 3D content via the glasses.
I have found that it is a mixed bag for me. Some content is poor/blurred but others like Transformers 3 look amazing.

A bit like YodaEXE I don't think it adds to the experience and tends to be more of an detractor.
Quote:I don't know, part of why i am posting here, must be more people in my situation
I guess we wouldn't get a comprehensive answer unless someone tried watching a 3D film with one eye closed and comparing it to using both eyes. Though i'm sure better methology would exist. And if there are any adaptations of uni-vision persons.

I guess a better way of explaining what I said before would be both uni-vision and bi-vision people would be able to recognise an object as 3D (through having to focus differently) but perhaps only bi-vision persons could perceive the objects 3D element in space. Speculation only though.

That said this would have to be within a limited range (i.e. bi-vision couldn't perserved 3d dimensions of an object 400 metres away).

Other quirks of the eye include the blind spot in the eye from the space where nerve fibres bundle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_spot_(vision). I remember doing a blind spot test where if the object is close enough the other eye can't fill in the missing information from it's peripheral vision to overcome the optic nerve blind spot in the other eye. So 3D perhaps couldn't be really close (where is the limit?)

Interesting stuff. But for me overshadowed by 3D feeling like a bit of a gimic for films.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
T800 Wrote:I know someone who has one eye and they get a 3D effect when watching 3D content via the glasses.

They are pulling your leg mate simply not possible as those glasses depend on different signals being sent to each eye

dizzyikea Wrote:They are pulling your leg mate simply not possible as those glasses depend on different signals being sent to each eye

He isn't, maybe he only thought he can see the difference.
It was good enough for him to go out and buy a 50" 3D plasma.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D for the monocular (off topic)0