Rename Local Subtitle in stead of Overwriting
Lightbulb 
I just noticed a bit 'strange' behaviour of XBMC 11.0-Beta2.
When I've choosed to download a (for example Dutch) subtitle, XBMC puts this subtitle in a temp directory (\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.subtitles\sub_tmp\) and also copies this sub to directory where the movie file is located. Although this last feature is great, the negative side is that it overwrites any current subtitle with the exact same filename that might be present on that location already. It doesn't ask for confirmation, nor does it rename the existing file to .srt.bak or so.

some suggestions for future releases of XBMC:
1 - Overwrite the exiting sub but rename the original to .bak, or to bak2, bak3, etc. in case that filename is already taken. (so you would never loose a subtitle file)

2 - in the configuration of XBMC ask for the users 'master' permission to overwrite subs or not.

3 - add a rating option, that keeps track of your personal rating for a certain subtitle file (could be a local sub or one in the 'cloud') and automatically start the subtitle with your highest personal ranking.

4 - Give the user an option to choose from locally available subtitles. I sometimes see the "i" in the subtitle menu, noting that there is a local subtitle available, but as far as I know it doesn't let me choose Which local sub I would like to activate.

So if any of you guys like these ideas, please somehow officially promote it.
For me this is just my first post here, and I couldn't find a specific topic elsewhere on this forum. So I 've posted it here to somehow contribute in making this great software even better.

P.s. One more suggestion:
There are so many useful keyboard shortcuts withing XBMC. Perhaps it's an Idea to make an overview of all the keyboardshortcuts within the XBMC environment. E.g. listing all of them by pressing <F1> or <h> for Help.
At present I don't know of any option or add-on that incorporates this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rename Local Subtitle in stead of Overwriting0