suspend/resume or just leave running 24/7?
Question 
I have XBMC controlled via a Harmony remote and my setup is pretty close to how I want it - at least, when XBMC behaves.

I have the remote setup to suspend my nettop PC (Lenovo Q150) when 'off' and resume it when in use. This works for the most part, but XBMC often will occasionally lockup after a resume, requiring me to restart it.

I've read this is a common issue, so aside from asking for it to be fixed, what do many of you do here? Just leave the box on 24/7? It's a nettop so I don't expect major power use -- but I like the idea of shutting everything down if it's possible.

I've read I can use the blank screensaver to conserve power when not in use.. any other suggestions?

btw - I've also tried a hibernate program mentioned in the forums that would shut down and restart XBMC on suspend/resume, but this created more problems than it solved. Plus, it took too long for XBMC to be 'ready' than I wanted.

suspend/resume seems quick enough where it's my ideal solution. I just wish XBMC wouldn't lockup using it.

note: I'm running v11 b2 (but same issue existed in prev versions as well) and win7

thanks,
joe
This is what other people have done in the past. It basically stops XBMC, and restarts it after resume. It's not elegant, but why waste power running your box 24/7?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=757...tcount=110

This is for windows 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
suspend/resume or just leave running 24/7?0