Choppy playback .mp4 file
I have a movie in .mp4 format.
(this one: Limitless.2011.720p.BrRip.x264.YIFY)....
My system is a core i5-450m and ati5650hd, running Windows 7. Why does the movie lag/play choppy??

Using xbmc eden beta2. Have tried the old Xbmc 10.1, doesn't help.
If you downloaded this rip, then that's probably the problem, especially if other files play back without any stuttering.
kegobeer Wrote:If you downloaded this rip, then that's probably the problem, especially if other files play back without any stuttering.

DXV2 acceleration enabled in settings? Displaydrivers current? Refresh rate adjust to movie? FullScreen instead of fullWindow?
Render Method: tried auto and DXVA
DVXA2 acc. checked and unchecked
Newest Catalyst driver
tried fullscreened and fullwindowed

Movie plays fine in VLC, and XBMC plays other .mkv files fine some of them 12gb. This one is only 667mb....
I have this same problem.

mp4 encoded files stutter like crazy in newest beta of xbmc.

Play just fine in vlc/kmplayer.
I was having the same issue. some were VOB files other were mp4's. yeah yeah i'm changing my VOB files over to something in the 21st century.

Other mp4's worked just fine. i tried all different play back settings to. I just got a new video card 9with up to date drivers) too so that cared me. It plays HD files fine (mkv or m4p) but for some reason certain mp4 files don't play back smooth. when i'm in a menu and the video is playing in the back ground it looks great (through the menu) for some odd reason.

Let me know if there is anyway to send a report or let you know the specifics of the mp4 file, i'd be happy to help out.

Eden beta 3.0
Yep, I got this too with Eden RC1. Not really bad, but enough to notice.
Only discovered XBMC last week so may well be stupid user issue.
Win7-32bit, AMDx2-555, Nvidia 9500GT
Output via S-Video to RCA input on old plasma TV
Video works fine in VLC, other vids work in XBMC. This is the first .mp4 I've tried

Gspot info for video if it helps:

Edit: Here I have the Gspot info for a file which works fine. Guess its the much higher pics/s frames/s which makes the the one above a bit choppy. Just a guess? I have a PAL TV, and isn't that around 26 fps? Also noticed its a different container type.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy playback .mp4 file0