OpenUluh - Personal intranet HTTP streaming solution
i once worked with live ipod streaming with the help from
http://smoothstreaming.code-shop.com/trac/wiki
TeKo Wrote:Uhm so what do I have to do with ffmpeg stuff?
Sorry for the dumb question Wink

lol I'm so sorry, I forgot to clarify, I'll upload a separate package of the unstable, the FFmpeg stuff is for the SVN version.

We just had a bit of a household problem here and it has me a little scatterbrained, one of my mom's dogs just died and we're thinking about how we're going to break it to her.

Uploading the full package now. Give it about 30 minutes to an hour (my connection is really bad.)

J1nx: Looks good, but it's essentially what I already have, the update's just adding real-time transcoding.
Project status:
XBMC Beyond TV Client - on haitus again due to PC problems.
OpenUluh - Current Unstable: 0.1.7.3_Proposed-stable 02/10/12 - Current Stable: No current stable releases
Sorry for the loss.

I already have the experimental build running just didnt know what to do with the ffmpeg files.
Ah my bad, just put ffmpeg.exe into the <openuluh root>/ffmpeg-win32/bin/

just create the directories if they don't exist (I had trouble committing them because of their size).

Now this is untested as well, I haven't gotten around to installing FFmpeg on my eMac yet so make sure to report any error messages you get (If your setup is good and you get show information, try pointing your browser at stream.php?e=1 and tell me if you get an error or if ffmpeg starts up). That will help me make sure this will work and I can merge the changes faster into a new stable release Big Grin
Project status:
OpenUluh - Current Unstable: 0.1.7.3_Proposed-stable 02/10/12 - Current Stable: No current stable releases
ShadowEO Wrote:You know, I'm really glad to see such interest in a project of mine, it's a huge confidence boost lol. Anyway, FFmpeg support is now on the SVN under 0.0.3-ffmpeg_experimental. Please test it and reply to Issue #1 on the google code project with your results.

Unfortunately, I couldn't package both win32 binaries and OpenUluh together because it was taking too long to upload with RapidSVN so for now you'll have to download the ffmpeg binaries from the downloads section.

I will be testing it myself soon, it's just that I need to install ffmpeg on my test computer still.

Man, I don't want to ENSLAVE you with my enthusiasm, but I personally think this would be a MAJOR HUGE SUPER CRAZY COOL ADDITION TO XBMC THAT I HAVE ALWAYS MISSED!

openuluh + maraschino + ajax webui + XWMM (or something like it) = your whole xbmc library, xbmc remote, and xbmc management system in a web interface.

These projects deserve to be unified at some point, IMHO.

XBMC deserves a seamless web frontend, does it not?

This project is the perfect jumping off point for that.
branlr Wrote:Man, I don't want to ENSLAVE you with my enthusiasm, but I personally think this would be a MAJOR HUGE SUPER CRAZY COOL ADDITION TO XBMC THAT I HAVE ALWAYS MISSED!

openuluh + maraschino + ajax webui + XWMM (or something like it) = your whole xbmc library, xbmc remote, and xbmc management system in a web interface.

These projects deserve to be unified at some point, IMHO.

XBMC deserves a seamless web frontend, does it not?

This project is the perfect jumping off point for that.

Wow, I don't know what to say to this comment Shocked Thank you. I do think XBMC deserves a seamless web frontend, but unfortunately as I've said in the other posts, my python skills are less than adequate for such a task. I prefer PHP as I'm more comfortable with it. My reason for making it was I wanted a streaming solution that would update everytime I updated my XBMC library with new Shows. I realize the desktop side is ugly lol but I'm not too good with CSS either.

UPDATE: Just found a horrible shortsight on the mobile version on my part.. Will be fixed ASAP..
Project status:
Sorry for the double post but, Why didn't anyone tell me I had a major problem in my streaming template? ^_^; It's fixed, along with a load of other problems and a new UI. Uploading new packages now. The fixes are in the SVN now under both Stable and Experimental. The new UI is now active in Stable as well.
Project status:
Win7 64bit latest Chrome:
Streaming doesnt work I click play and its just loading but never plays.
And the layout is really f*ed up in Chrome.
TeKo Wrote:Win7 64bit latest Chrome:
Streaming doesnt work I click play and its just loading but never plays.
And the layout is really f*ed up in Chrome.

That should be fixed in the latest commit, I'm deprecating the 0.0.3-experimental branch and instead using just experimental and stable. If you checked out from 0.0.3-experimental, please delete and recheck out with the new branch please Big Grin Thank you for the feedback.

I'm still in the process of uploading packages in case my SVN isn't commiting right. They'll have a -4 on the end of the version number.

As for the layout, Download the stable package coming and copy the layout experimental branch's stream.php into it. I tested the layout before I packed the new ones up.

EDIT: Teko, can you give me a screenshot of your broken layout please?
Project status:
I was on 0 1 4 exp updating right now if its still broken I upload a screenshot.

Oh btw your last zip was a bit strange..
I had a 0.1.3 version.zip inside the trunk.
TeKo Wrote:I was on 0 1 4 exp updating right now if its still broken I upload a screenshot.

Oh btw your last zip was a bit strange..
I had a 0.1.3 version.zip inside the trunk.

That is weird, I have my working copy and my svn copy separate, I know I have my original package in the working copy but I probably copied it in to the trunk on accident, I'll delete it on the next commit.

Edit: I did lol, It will be gone on the next commit hopefully (I've been having troubles with commiting recently.)

Figured out my commit problem, I copied the changes I made to experimental into stable but the .svn folders were still pointing to experimental branch instead.
Project status:

Should be the latest version got it from svn because the zip wasnt working for me.
The project now uses GitHub for bleeding edge and Google Code to host mostly-tested copies. The SVN is working again, please feel free to check it out, or you can use the Github to get latest versions.

UPDATE: 02/10/12 - 0.1.7.3 is now proposed stable. Please feel free to test it and leave feedback Big Grin Everything should work properly now.
Project status:
Sorry for bringing this back, but I just found the biggest bug in streaming/encoding. In stream.php I had a command line for launching ffmpeg that would only work on Linux/Mac. I forgot to remove the "nice" command from the string. Also yes, this project is still half-alive. I'm currently sorting some OS troubles and then I'll be doing an update.
Project status:
No update on this project?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenUluh - Personal intranet HTTP streaming solution1