Change which video extensions get scraped
Is there any way to change which extensions are scraped?
For example, I want to scrape a bunch of .strm movies, however the movie scraper I'm using, TMDB, just skips the files.

I have this added in my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoextensions>
      <add>.strm</add>
      <remove></remove>
    </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>
But the .strm files are still skipped. When the scraper scans my folder.

Any ideas?
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
strms are not scrapable atm, from code. btw, you see em in your list so obviously the extension is not the problem ;P
spiff Wrote:strms are not scrapable atm, from code. btw, you see em in your list so obviously the extension is not the problem ;P
Thanks spiff. Is this by design, or will .strm's be scrapable in the future?
it's by design, but maldesign. strms are designated as playlist in the code, and are thus hit by the general playlist exclusion code.
spiff Wrote:it's by design, but maldesign. strms are designated as playlist in the code, and are thus hit by the general playlist exclusion code.
Thanks. Any suggestions for a work-around that will allow me to scrape online videos to the library?
there's patch on trac i believe.
Ahh, yes. Here is the ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8730
But it has not yet been fixed becaue it was introduced too late to make it into Dharma.

I'll watch closely and get the nightly when the ticked is closed.
I have some .strm files and/or .m3u files that can not be scraped as they are for TV shows that are not on theTVDB. They are basically randomly recorded TV shows. I have provided custom .nfo files for each, but they will not get added to the library. If I change the extension to something like .mpg or .avi or .mkv the custom .nfo file is read and the items are added to the library. Would it be possible to add this functionality to work for .strm and .m3u files?

EDIT:
I read thru the above ticket. I edited PlayListFactory.cpp just as in Jurrabi's supplied patch. This patch allows the .strm files to be added with custom.nfo files. As discussed in the ticket, I have no idea what fallout this may have elsewhere.
kricker Wrote:EDIT:
I read thru the above ticket. I edited PlayListFactory.cpp just as in Jurrabi's supplied patch. This patch allows the .strm files to be added with custom.nfo files. As discussed in the ticket, I have no idea what fallout this may have elsewhere.

The patch is already in Eden B2, so you can just use that if it works for your.
Well, not exactly. The Patch in Eden B2 allows you to scrape .strm files. But, it does not allow them to be added from .nfo files. Unless I am doing something totally wrong, which is always a possibility.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change which video extensions get scraped0