• 100(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Firstly thank you so much for creating this add-on and supporting it. Very very much appreciate it. I've been spending hours pouring through these past posts and tinkering with my setup to get it working.

I have OE on raspberry pi and installed xsqueeze, also using squeezelite (installed through the add-on). My LMS is running on my Synology Diskstation. I have tested this using a player on my mac... it works (works through port 3484). I have also tried to run squeezelite through the OE CLI, I am able to get that running with sound, using the following command:

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezelite-m 88:22:eb:57:c1:33 -o default:CARD=ALSA -a 160 -s 192.168.1.110

I just can't start squeezelite through the add-on in kodi. I even tried to adjust the settings.xml to have a 5 second pause.

log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/prqnbnnky

Any ideas on what I can try next?
Sorry if this topic was already covered, but here's my situation:

Xsqueeze/chooser installs fine.
It detects the correct LMS.
However, when I try to open Xsqueeze, it starts it up as a squeezelite that I can view from my phone app, but the controller doesn't appear in Kodi. I can play music through it, as well as my other squeezelite, just fine. Just no UI / controller appears.
At this point, I have no way of exiting the setup, and have zero audio in Kodi until i quit Kodi completely and restart.

It spontaneously worked yesterday after I attempted to uninstall the app. It didn't uninstall, rather it stayed where it was and magically started working. Once I rebooted my computer today, it went back to how it was.

FWIW, I have attempted increasing all the startup delays to 7 in the settings. Full log here: http://xbmclogs.com/peulxm6aj

This is a log of me trying to run Xsqueeze, and after it doesn't load I start party mode and each song in the playlist crashes one by one. Then log was sent.

Any help would be much appreciated!
What skin?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Aeon nox. It's the only skin I use.
Try it in Confluence first, and see if you're having the same issue.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Also - if you're going to paste a log, a minimal debug log is the way to go. You've got like every component spamming to the max, it makes for a lot to wade through...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Anyone have any idea on my issue of not playing through the kodi-app?

Was that minimal debug message for me? Sorry, it's my first time posting.
Yes that message was for you @tiktek
Same issue happens in Confluence as well. If you have any suggestions for debugging, I'm happy to run with it myself. At this point I'm pretty much stumped since I just uninstalled, removed all the addon data, and reinstalled with the same issue appearing.
@tiktek sorry I was confusing you with @jtgriffi - to me it looks like you're trying on the wrong port - you lg says 3483 but you mention 3484 above. Can you triple check your port settings in both lms and xsqueeze please?

### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Attempting to connect to LMS named [192.168.1.110] at IP: 192.168.1.110 on CLI port: 3483

Any real reason you can't use the standard port?

@jtgriffi - so can you please do a minimal debug log. That means turn off all the extra component logging (but leave debug logging on), set to confluence, restart xbmc, go immmediately to xsqueeze and get the issue to happen, exit, post log. I'll have a look. But from your ridiculously busy log things seem ok to a point:

00:55:12 T:140011362051840 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Attempting to start player: ['/home/jordan/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i64', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '-s', '192.168.0.102']

00:55:14 T:140011362051840 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Attempting to connect to LMS named [192.168.0.102] at IP: 192.168.0.102 on CLI port: 9090

...and after that there is zero further xsqueeze output which I have never seen before...it's like it just disappears. But there's just so much going on I have no real idea really and I know for sure it generally runs, so I'd start by turning off a whole lot of stuff, especially all the extra logging stuff
Sorry about the old log. AFAIK, my logging is set to the standard debug (with log level of 1 in advancedsettings.xml, no component logging set). I turned off the music library auto-update on startup, and also left out the part where it tries 20 diff tracks of music that all immediately fail. Here's the log in the scenario you requested - Open Kodi in Confluence skin, start Xsqueeze, then exit:

http://xbmclogs.com/phgbmuqlp

Looks like some python exceptions after the shutdown is triggered, don't know if that indicates a cause or a symptom though.

Thanks again for the help.
Ok well it's failing to connect to the server:
20:38:30 T:139776589035264 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Attempting to connect to LMS named [192.168.0.102] at IP: 192.168.0.102 on CLI port: 9090

Usually a problem with ports or IPs, or a firewall in the way.... Does the server auto discovery in settings work ok? Is LMS definitely listening with the CLI on that port?

To check, visit:
http://192.168.0.102:9090

..in a broswer, you will get something back like:

Code:
GET %2F HTTP%2F1.1
Host%3A server2%3A9090
User-Agent%3A Mozilla%2F5.0 (Windows NT 6.1%3B WOW64%3B rv%3A36.0) Gecko%2F20100101 Firefox%2F36.0
Accept%3A text%2Fhtml%2Capplication%2Fxhtml%2Bxml%2Capplication%2Fxml%3Bq%3D0.9%2C*%2F*%3Bq%3D0.8
Accept-Language%3A en-GB%2Cen%3Bq%3D0.5
Accept-Encoding%3A gzip%2C deflate
DNT%3A 1
Cookie%3A Squeezebox-player%3D00%3A04%3A20%3A05%3Aad%3Ae7%3B Squeezebox-expandPlayerControl%3Dtrue%3B Squeezebox-expanded-MY_MUSIC%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-RADIO%3D0%3B Squeezebox-expanded-PLUGIN_MY_APPS_MODULE_NAME%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-FAVORITES%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-PLUGINS%3D1%3B Squeezebox-playersettings%3Dsettings%2Fplayer%2Fbasic.html%3F%3B Squeezebox-advancedsettings%3Dnull%3B Squeezebox-expanded-activePlugins%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-inactivePlugins%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-otherPlugins0%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-otherPlugins1%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-otherPlugins2%3D1%3B Squeezebox-albumView%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-otherPlugins3%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-updatePlugins%3D1%3B ys-Squeezebox-panelWidth%3Do%3Awidth%3Dn%253A749
Connection%3A keep-alive

(do this from the machine you're trying to connect from obviously).
Port 9090 gives me nothing in a browser. 9000 is the valid http port, as I access it from another computer regularly. Can a verify the CLI port through the LMS web interface? Took a quick look and couldn't find that setting.
In the port 9000 interface click settings then advanced tab then drop down box and choose cli.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Success! I looked in my server.prefs file and there was no port set. I manually set cliport: 9090, restarted LMS and voila. Cheers!
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3