• 16(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Also i'm using up and down for vol and left and right for rev/fwd, so this would be good to keep on the 'now playing' screen. So could I suggest a different screen for song selection that could indepedently use up, down, left and right (maybe accessible by holding down the 'select' button?)
@creasy - you should be able to use the search in the two line display fine - it works for me, have you tried this?

Yeah the idea would be to put a button on the page or at least make a mappable trigger to a new window for music selection.

All this being said, I have just tried Eden final with the inbuilt UPnP server in LMS 7.7+ - have you guys tried this at all as a totally alternate way of playing music? The syncing is not so good, but as a way of browsing the library it seems to work pretty well...and MP3s and FLACs play fine with the XBMC internal player in my testing so far...

I think the patch I linked to a while ago has come in, now allowing most (all?) formats to be direct played now via UPnP, so the only real advntage of XSqueeze would be it using squeezeslave for better syncing...

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@bossanova - re the UPnp playing on LMS7.7 - can you give some detail as to how to do this? Do you get access to the internet radio, podcasts and random mix as well?
Basically, add a new source in XBMC Music - choose UPnP and it should find it (takes a few seconds). I have got it working at work but not at home so far - I think my Win7 server at home is blocking UPnP.

No, it gives:
Albums
Artists
Genres
Years
New Music
Music Folder
...and that's it.

(check the UPnP plugin is enabled in LMS->Settings->Plugins of course, but I think it's on be default)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
There is also an alternate UPnP server you can use if you're serving from Windows - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver - this looks a little more flexible. Written in Delphi (of all things) so I don't see it being ported anytime soon though if you're not serving from Windows.

I tried the UPnP and it is better than just the raw folder access because it is tag driven. I would definitely still use squeezeslave for the access to the random mix (I use it a LOT) and internet radio, podcasts etc.

The machine where this runs the most, is not really powerful enough to show videos, So it is mainly a music player and slideshow of the family's photo album. Here squeeze works a treat. For the past few days I have had it on for long periods (controlling it mainly with the SqueezeCommander Android app) it is chugging along - very stable.
Well, I am glad someone is using it. To be honest, for me this was/is just a fun exercise - I don't have a huge need for it myself, as I mostly just play albums and XBMC's inbuilt systems are good enough - I have two young kids and a business to run, so time is minimal, and I don't do much with playlists etc. anymore - maybe I will when I have more time again (if ever!).

It is handy for syncing around the house though.

The stability all comes from what it's built on really (particularly squeezeslave) - can't take much credit for that.

Anyway, I will start work on XSqueeze Chooser some time soon and have taken note of the above requests....
Anybody have this working on ATV2? I successfully installed it, but I get an error message when I try to run it which I can't for read, something about "if using Linux/OSX etc." I have a LMS server running and I can access it with XBMC without a problem- maybe I shouldn't be greedy.
Quote:@creasy - you should be able to use the search in the two line display fine - it works for me, have you tried this?

Yes I have, and it works well. But I prefer to re-map my Apple Remote's buttons as mentioned before to make XSqueeze behave like other XBMC apps using the Apple Remote (i.e. default video and music player). Unfortunately this makes using the two line display tricky but I don't mind as I select music and change the Squeezebox Server settings via SBS web control.

So, if you are to make different windows in XSqueeze could you make each window re-mappable in your actionmap.py? This is so I can use the Apple Remote successfully in all windows by reverting back to your original button mapping for your other windows, and back to my mappings for 'NowPlaying' window?

CheersWink,

CM
I have tried Xsqueeze and i really like it. One thing i would really like to do is to use XBMC as normal, and use the squeezebox as the player. Is this possible in any way? (Instead of using XBMC default music player it sends music to the squeezebox)
(2012-03-27, 18:57)Sam Lowry Wrote: Anybody have this working on ATV2? I successfully installed it, but I get an error message when I try to run it which I can't for read, something about "if using Linux/OSX etc." I have a LMS server running and I can access it with XBMC without a problem- maybe I shouldn't be greedy.

Hi Sam

Unfortunately there's no squeezeslave binary for iOS I don't think. So you can use it as a controller only, but not for local playback on iOS devices I believe (set this up in settings and you'll stop getting that message about chmodding the binaries...). I *think* there's a squeezeplay binary/option as I think that is what iPeng on iOS uses, but I have no idea how this works.....if you can figure out a local player binary on the iOS side of things, I'd be happy to integrate it....

(2012-03-27, 19:15)CreasyMonster Wrote:
Quote:@creasy - you should be able to use the search in the two line display fine - it works for me, have you tried this?

Yes I have, and it works well. But I prefer to re-map my Apple Remote's buttons as mentioned before to make XSqueeze behave like other XBMC apps using the Apple Remote (i.e. default video and music player). Unfortunately this makes using the two line display tricky but I don't mind as I select music and change the Squeezebox Server settings via SBS web control.

So, if you are to make different windows in XSqueeze could you make each window re-mappable in your actionmap.py? This is so I can use the Apple Remote successfully in all windows by reverting back to your original button mapping for your other windows, and back to my mappings for 'NowPlaying' window?

CheersWink,

CM

I will do my best - I imagine that this ebing a completely different window, it will not talk to the mini-controller in the same way so I don't see this being an issue really.

(2012-03-27, 20:16)Morph Wrote: I have tried Xsqueeze and i really like it. One thing i would really like to do is to use XBMC as normal, and use the squeezebox as the player. Is this possible in any way? (Instead of using XBMC default music player it sends music to the squeezebox)

Yes just use the controller only options in settings to disable the local playback (which doesn't actually use XBMC's player anyway).
Yes, I have tried that and it workes very well. But when i back out of Xsqueeze and into my music folder to play music from XBMC library it (of course) plays with the default XBMC player. What I am really asking: Is it possible to set XBMC to send music to squeezebox when playing from the default XBMC library?
I don't think so - there's a complete disconnect between the xbmc lib and the LMS lib, and I don't think XBMC has any stream serving features...
Squeezeslave playback on iOS is apparently a no-go so unfortunately it will be controller only there I am afarid unless someone can dig up some embeddable, iOS friendly playback system...
Tongue I know this maybe cheeky, but on Xsqueeze 0.4.5 on osx the Xsqueeze app's loading/stopping diaglog box makes a very loud, irritating beep which is a lot louder than all other sounds in XBMC. Can this beep be reduced or avoided? I don't believe any other apps in XBMC make the same beep. This maybe a default sound on a XBMC dialog box opening?

Cheers,

CM
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3