• 20(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Try it and let me know
Reply got cut off, stupid iPhone.

It works here both ways although can get messy if you use the back button to go past the root menu..,so either cue music or hit 'esc' or exit to exit and all should be well.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
OK, so when launching from main menu shortcut everything works great. I can select an album and it goes directly back to XSqueeze. If I press 'I' "accidentally" and do not want to select anything, I can press 'ESC' and get back to XSqueeze.

When launching from Programs... Everything works great as far as selecting an album and it going back to XSqueeze. If I "accidentally" enter Chooser and press 'ESC' it still has the bug of going back to main XBMC menu.
Yeah I think I have done all I can there - I don't think XBMC want you messing with handling actions inside of plugins and breaking it's exit mechanism - I can't find a hack to make it work yet, and even if I can I worry it will break other things. I've made a thread about the bug and will post it on trac at some point to so hopefully it will get fixed 'right' rather than via a hack.

Working well other than that though, right?

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(and a note - this bug still exists in the 14th of May XBMC nightlies)
Earlier today I had a chance to actually "use", not test, Xsqueeze with the Chooser on my OpenELEC system.... and I cannot thank you enough for all the hard work you have put into this. Selecting music was a breeze and since I launch this from a "Favorite" on the main menu, I have no issues going between the add-ons.

The only problem I did notice was that the view did not change to Thumbnail after I selected the Artist. On my OE system I am using Transparency! as the skin.... it worked fine on Conflunce on my Ubuntu system. I did not have a chance to try Confluence on the OE unit... but I am figuring it is just a skin issue.

Another issue that may be beyond your control is that it takes a while to select by "Album"... takes a good 30 sec to a minutes to get the listing for 2300+ albums. How are you retrieving the info? DLNA or are you talking directly to the MySQL server in LMS?

Overall, a great add-on that will get a lot of use in my house. Thanks again.
No problem, it has been a good distraction during a stressful time, purely a mental exercise for me!

Yeah it's not 100% on the view changing even with Confluence unfortunately (although I'd say about 95% of the time) - if you check the log, the call is always made, but I think it depends on where it is on the screen drawing cycle as to whether it gets respected (and it has to be called after all the nodes are added to the list). Also, if you have previously visited an artist, it stubbornly remembers the old visit setting it seems...

Although, with T! and other skins, it may also be them using other IDs for the views, in which case it won't work. If you can work out the IDs and let me know I can probably put appropriate testing code in...there's usually a ViewsFileMode.xml or similar to look in (this is the ones plugns can use as far as I can tell). I can have it trigger any view ID in there.

The album info is retrieved via the CLI (so telnet basically) - I think that's about as fast as anything, really, very little overhead there - and LMS doesn't use MySQL anymore, rather sqlite I think - either way talking to it directly is frowned upon and would complicate setup quite a bit. But each album needs a separate call (the list is done in one call, but to get the cover URLs etc, I need a call per album). I may do a paginated thing at some point, but I kinda like having them all there so I can 'sms' to a random number and choose from there...agreed, though, it takes a while - I will add a message/warning about that in the next version

(PS it's pathetic but you can +1 the reputation button if you feel so inclined Smile
Ok Internet radio is working in Chooser now. Just years, apps and favorites to go if I can keep up the motivation...

And then I think I will be pretty much done with my plans... Unless a nice python slimproto or headless squeezeplay comes along, both of which would allow new things...
0.5.2 pushed with support in Chooser for Years, Favourites, Radios and Apps (although very few apps will stream to a software player unfortunately).
Thumbs Up 
I just wanted to thank you for your work on this, and to let you know it does have (normally pretty silent) users Smile
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Thanks.... It was feeling a bit lonely in here!
Hi,

very nice. I'm using/experimenting with it. My Logitech-Server ist installed on a qNap-NAS.
I' ve one little problem...
i don't get any Covers or Infos (as shown on page1)
My Playing-Screen looks like this:
Telnet on the qNap is enabled.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
No immediate ideas - can you pastebin a debug log of a basic session?

What about in the chooser (hit info on your remote).

Actually, it might be some sort of foreign characters in paths issues I have read about - what are all the paths etc involved?
(I've fixed the audio output chooser bug mentioned somewhere above too, so now is a good time to get any bug reports in before I push out a new version!)

...and just by the by on my new build, XSqueeze is seriously fast.....thinks it's the gigabet ethernet and faster CPU....
Now that's just showing off Big Grin

Very nice Smile
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Pushed out 0.5.3 with the fix for choosing audio outputs...
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3