• 4(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Ok I've added the default bg and changed the settings to linux not just oe, and added a 'stopping squeezeslave' on exit.

0.2.3 just pushed
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Some help as you mention would be great!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I won't be able to have a look at it until this evening UK time (so tomorrow aussie time) but I'll see if I can make a version that looks a bit more like Aeon and check out that python.

It looks like it's not just the background art you need to include - the other pngs need to be included GlassTitleBar.png, header.png, ContentPanel.png, ContentPanelMirror.png and floor.png otherwise the backgrounds to the playlist window and other parts are missing.
hmmm ok - will do!

No hurry, I'm going away for a night anyway...
..and apparently my new icon looks crap on black so need to fix that...
Starting to test from an Ubuntu system... noticed issue with instructions in first post.

The path to my squeezeslave files is : /.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin
I had a quick shot at making a version of the skin that's as close to the Aeon music screen as possible and this is what I came up with. It still needs a bit of tweaking and I still need to work out how to do a few things but hopefully I should have a finished version soon.

I noticed one bug/tweak. I have the screen set to dim when inactive for three minutes using the inbuilt xbmc powersaving feature and this is triggered while in Xsqueeze. Is there any way to disable the screensaver?
Yeah I wll fill all the paths in later, they vary a lot system to system, it's more 'pseduo paths'

That Aeon thing is nice - so do you just make an Aeon folder under the addon and it woks automatically?

Re: the screensaver, I doubt it (and do we want to anyway?) - I will have a look around...
Also, I need to add instructions about manually specifiying an audio output in Squeezeslave if required - (-o12 for example) - I just tried it at my folks-in-laws and this was needed.

And with libraries with bad/no tags, it can hiccup too. So some more error cehcking etc.

All in good time!
bossanova808 Wrote:Yeah I wll fill all the paths in later, they vary a lot system to system, it's more 'pseduo paths'

That Aeon thing is nice - so do you just make an Aeon folder under the addon and it woks automatically?

Re: the screensaver, I doubt it (and do we want to anyway?) - I will have a look around...

I've currently just overridden the Default layout of the addon - additional themes would need to be supported in the python.
From the addon persepective, what's in the Default folder is the fallback...in fact, I think it is skins that would need to have an appropriate XSqueezeNowPlaying.xml in with them to overide the fallback one - as far as I can quickly see, there's no way at the addon end to do this - but maybe I am wrong, I'll look into it.
This thread has instructions on how to disable the screensaver and should only be three lines of code http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98408
However the big problem at least for me is that XBMC is set to suspend after 15 mins idle which isn't stopped by Xsqueeze.

Here is the first version of the Aeon Nox skin - it will probably work with any version of Aeon but I haven't tested that. Currently you have to place it in .xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/720p and it will then only be active when the Aeon skin is enabled and not be overwritten by any updates to Xsqueeze. My attempts to get it working in a subdirectory of xsqueeze didn't work but I don't know if that's due to me naming the directory wrong.
http://pastebin.com/k7sjXarA
I'm trying to sort out an issue that I'm having with the script. Here's a bit of the log:
Code:
01:07:02 T:139735125636928   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
01:07:02 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: Process ID for Squeezeslave is 1376
01:07:07 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: Attempting to connect to LMS at:  192.168.27.150 on port: 9000
01:07:07 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4:  Couldn't connect to server!
01:07:07 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: ### Failed to create SqueezePlayer object

What's happening here? This doesn't appear to be an inability for Squeezeslave to connect to the server, but something else.

If I understand how this works, there are three parts to the whole thing.

The controller.
The player.
The server.

The player doesn't have to be the Squeezeslave instance that's running locally, but could be another Squeeze device connected to the server.

The controller connects to the server, and tells the server, what to do with the player, next track, pause, play, volume.

The server doesn't really do anything but what it does.

So if I understand this correctly, where is the disconnect, and how can I fix it? It seems that something is missing from my setup that others have, because the Squeezeslave instance is running, and actually plays audio out of the default alsa device, and has a playlist on the server. The instance reference in the log file is accurate to the PID that's running currently:
Code:
root ~/.xbmc/temp # ps -ef|grep sq
1376 root       0:00 /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/squeezeslave-1.2-311-lnx26//squeezeslave-i64 -m 38:60:77:72:52:21 -R 192.168.27.150

I believe that it may be a Plugin feature set that's disabled on my LMS. When I installed it, I disabled all of the Plugins that I could to slim it down.

Another thing, you should kill all previous squeezeslave instances when starting a new one. It causes a little chaos when 3 or 4 players try to play the same playlist.
Maxim Wrote:I'm trying to sort out an issue that I'm having with the script. Here's a bit of the log:
Code:
01:07:02 T:139735125636928   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
01:07:02 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: Process ID for Squeezeslave is 1376
01:07:07 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: Attempting to connect to LMS at:  192.168.27.150 on port: 9000
01:07:07 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4:  Couldn't connect to server!
01:07:07 T:139734792963840  NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: ### Failed to create SqueezePlayer object

What's happening here? This doesn't appear to be an inability for Squeezeslave to connect to the server, but something else.

If I understand how this works, there are three parts to the whole thing.

The controller.
The player.
The server.

The player doesn't have to be the Squeezeslave instance that's running locally, but could be another Squeeze device connected to the server.

The controller connects to the server, and tells the server, what to do with the player, next track, pause, play, volume.

The server doesn't really do anything but what it does.

So if I understand this correctly, where is the disconnect, and how can I fix it? It seems that something is missing from my setup that others have, because the Squeezeslave instance is running, and actually plays audio out of the default alsa device, and has a playlist on the server. The instance reference in the log file is accurate to the PID that's running currently:
Code:
root ~/.xbmc/temp # ps -ef|grep sq
1376 root       0:00 /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/squeezeslave-1.2-311-lnx26//squeezeslave-i64 -m 38:60:77:72:52:21 -R 192.168.27.150

I believe that it may be a Plugin feature set that's disabled on my LMS. When I installed it, I disabled all of the Plugins that I could to slim it down.

Another thing, you should kill all previous squeezeslave instances when starting a new one. It causes a little chaos when 3 or 4 players try to play the same playlist.

Have you tried port 9090 - I believe that's the correct port for squeezeslave - 9000 is the port for the webadmin
I reinstalled the latest version.

I'm now utterly confused!!!

I have LMS and XBMC running on the same PC.

I have a Touch connected to LMS.

I simply want to connect/control/visualise the Touch.

I entered the LMS address, the Touch MAC, and no squeezeslave.

Start xsqueeze - nothing happens.

Exit from XBMC - restart XBMC and a C application error message appears - XBMC fails to start. Only resolution is to restart Win 7.

What am I doing wrong?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3