• 19(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Ok bugger that's a shame. It was working though right? I can't see why it would stop working.

Just to repeat the obvious - this is when launching the chooser from within XSqueeze by hitting 'i' or 'info' right? NOT launching chooser directly....because then that would be expected behaviour. I may even put a block in place that stops chooser being run independently or something, not sure yet. But it is designed to be launched only from inside a running XSqueeze instance.

Have you changed anything else on these systems as if it was working, it really should stay working unless something overwrote your XSqueeze with the repo version, not this downloaded one. I will bump the version number to make sure that doesn't happen, and do another zip soonish, but right now XSqueeze itself is broken while I re-factor it to use the new common code base....

Sit tight a bit and I will post another zip as soon as I can.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I saw it work once on the work laptop (the first time)... have not seen it work since.

My Ubuntu PC at home is a fresh install from last weekend.... just installed XBMC and XSqueeze tonight to test. The XBMCbuntu PC did not have XSqueeze until I installed to test.

I installed your repo, installed/configure Xsqueeze, closed XBMC. Downloaded zip w/chooser, extract and copied files to add-on location, restart XBMC. Start XSqueeze... press "i", select my music. Message says my music is now queued and I can press 'ESC' ..... Press 'ESC' and get XBMC Home Screen. I think XSqueeze is still running in the background, because I can go back into the XSqueeze Chooser Add-on and select new music... but still 'ESC' brings up main menu.

At first I was thinking it was Unity on Ubuntu... but XBMCbuntu uses LXDE....... Could the Linux desktops be handling the windows differently than OpenELEC and Windows?
Would be really weird if XBMCbuntu (worst name ever, BTW) - did. That's internal XBMC window handling so nothing to do with desktop etc. as far as I can see.

I have just finished the re-factor - once I got going it was very easy actually. If you download again (same link) - then at least you're trying the current code. I just can't see why it would work once then stop working - obviously you've killed XBMC inbetween...nothing weird/obvious in the log??

I think I have a ubuntu something VM at home I could try with...and will try with OE again tonight once I get home.

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
So I download the new zip file to my work laptop.... extract the 3 folders to the add-ons directory.... and enter XSqueeze. I press 'I', select music, press 'ESC'... and I am back at XSqueeze. So I think I am working.... until I press 'I', select another album, press 'ESC'.... back at XBMC menu.

Now even after a reboot, I cannot get it to go from the Chooser Add-on back to XSqueeze at all.

Frustrating... and Confusing.
OK, so I may now have some info (helps to turn on debugging)....

15:52:04 T:139942168074112 DEBUG: OnKey: escape (f01b) pressed, action is PreviousMenu
15:52:04 T:139942168074112 DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Deactivate
15:52:04 T:139942168074112 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyPrograms.xml) ------
15:52:04 T:139942168074112 DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Activate new
15:52:04 T:139942168074112 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------
15:52:04 T:139942168074112 INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml

Here is the log : http://pastebin.com/gEDBLL91
OK, I get home and try on Ubuntu 12.04 again.. using T! skin... it works and I see this in the log

18:15:50 T:140387040483200 DEBUG: OnKey: escape (f01b) pressed, action is PreviousMenu
18:15:50 T:140387040483200 DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Deactivate
18:15:50 T:140387040483200 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyPrograms.xml) ------
18:15:50 T:140387040483200 DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Activate new
18:15:50 T:140387040483200 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (/home/scott/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/skins/Default/720p/XSqueezeNowPlaying.xml) ------
18:15:50 T:140386587264768 NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.4.7: onInit, window id is 13000

I went in and out of the chooser without a problem.... then I exited Xsqueeze and switched to Confluence. Now I cannot get it to work again...
Full log: http://pastebin.com/index.php?e=1
Second paste didn't work. I will need to havea good look throught these...

I have a couple questions - how are you launching XSqueeze -> via the programs menu, or via an icon added to your home screen (I do the latter with zero issues on OE or windows, pretty thoroughly tested now). It looks like you're doing it via programs and maybe that has an effect? Will have to try that here.

When it drops back to something other than XSqueeze - can you still hear the music playing (indicating XSqueeze has not exited) or does it stop?

Ok yeah that's the difference I think - I always launch from an icon on home, not via programs - it looks like something goes wrong with the history when things are launched from programs...

As a workaround, use it from an icon for now, and I will see what I can do about detecting that and dropping back to XSqueeze instead.

Nice Catch! I had to stop by work this morning, and tried it from the work laptop. Setup to launch from "main menu" in both Confluence and Aeon Nox, and it works without issue.

I still have the log file that did not post properly.... do you need it still?
Nah I can duplicate the issue here so have enough. Not sure if I can do anything though, have posted thread for help in dev section as I can't see way to force history as such.
Any reason you need to use 'ESC' to switch back to XSqueeze? Is it possible to make it the "I" key... so you just need to use the 1 button to switch back and forth?
The basic problem is that in the plugin bit (i.e. chooser) - is different to the rest - you can just grab the actions you want as you're working within an existing framework...so 'esc' exits the plugin and takes you back to what's underneath (in theory).....so it's not so easy to switch back and forth because each listing within the plugin is actually a separate run event of the plugin.

Thinking about it, I suppose you could do an ActivateWindow instead of the message about the album being queued and that might work....I will give it a try, and thanks for the suggestion....might have to pass in the window ID as well, as I am not 100% sure that XSqueeze will get a fixed window ID. I did actually try something similar that got me close, but come to think of it this is the logical spot really....

Hmm, it's probably doable. Leave it with me.

Yeah looks like that will work. Just need to do some tidy up now and I will push it out I think.
VERSION 0.5.1 WITH NEW CHOOSER IS ABOUT TO BE LAUNCHED....

This involves a complete re-factor of the entire code base, breaking it into three separate components.

I have tested on Windows and Openelec successfully, but I *expect* breakage....this is a bit of a complex upgrade.

If you encounter issues with installation or execution, I suggest you manually delete the addons (any of the three that have installed - all with XSqueeze in their name), and the settings files for them as well. Then 'force-refresh' the bossonava808 repo and re-install XSqueeze (which should automatically install the other two components).

Once you have the new XSqueeze installed, hit 'i' or 'info' on your remote to start the new plugin style chooser....and report back how it goes!
[/b]
Does this fix the issue when launching from "Programs", or should we still make sure we have a shortcut in the main menu?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3