• 91(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
@rob_webset

Thanks. That might indeed work in theory!

I have forgotten the original query but I will keep it in mind.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi Bossanova808,

I have trouble getting alsa driver to send to the analog audio output. HDMI works fine. I run Openelec 4.97.1 on a Rasberry Pi.
Any idea?
Not really - more of a general Pi question that one, or at least your pi distribution. I suggest doing all that stuff from the command line, getting squeezelite working outside of xbmc how you want, then you just copy in the settings to xsqueeze and it will work.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I just set up an Asus Chromebox running the most recent version of Openelec. I have previously had XSqueeze running well on an Rpi for over a year.

I am getting the "Couldn't connect to server" error when starting Xsqueeze.

I turned off the menu sounds and the keep audio device alive options. Tried changing the MAC address. Restarted the LMS machine and the Chromebox numerous times.

Here is the log.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Try to ssh in and see what happens when you try running this line:

Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i64 -m c4:54:44:96:76:14 -s 192.168.0.195
(That is all one line)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-08, 02:17)nickr Wrote: Try to ssh in and see what happens when you try running this line:

Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i64 -m c4:54:44:96:76:14 -s 192.168.0.195
(That is all one line)

Finally had a chance to try the line. I get this as a response:

[19:05:29.791325] test_open:124 playback open error: No such file or directory
[19:05:29.791411] output_init_common:373 unable to open output device
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i64 -l

...to list outputs. Is xbmc running and hogging the output? Try another output?

https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/
(2014-12-09, 03:07)Casey96SS Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 02:17)nickr Wrote: Try to ssh in and see what happens when you try running this line:

Code:
(That is all one line)

Finally had a chance to try the line. I get this as a response:

[19:05:29.791325] test_open:124 playback open error: No such file or directory
[19:05:29.791411] output_init_common:373 unable to open output device

It works now. I am not exactly sure what fixed though. After I entered the line above, I did not try running XSqueeze immediately due to the response I got in the ssh. (I should have tried running XSqueeze at this point.)

I then tried changing the audio outputs as suggested. XSqueeze was originally trying to use HDMI 0 when it would not open. I changed it to HDMI 1 and the XSqueeze would open but I would not get any audio. (This was the first time I actually tried opening XSqueeze after I entered the line above. HDMI 2 would also allow it to open but still no audio. Finally I switched back to HDMI 0 and everything works great.

Thank you for the help! Glad to have this awesome addon working again! I'm really liking my new Chromebox. The Rpi was cool but the Chromebox is a nice step up. I am really enjoying DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD movies on it.
Glad you're going. Have fun!
I assume this is known already, but this works great on Android as long as you install a squeezebox player app.

e.g. I run it with this on my FireTV:
http://www.amazon.com/angryGoat-SB-Player/dp/B00JHSM2LG

I had totally missed the fact that XSqueeze wouldn't work on android when I migrated to Fire TV. Spent a while trying to get it to work again before I read the wiki and found it wasn't supported Sad

After I stumbled across this trick I'm a happy camper again Big Grin

Any possibility of updating the wiki? I had thought it was totally hopeless based on the wiki.

Basically you need to:
- install a squeezebox player app,
- configure the app to point at the Logitech media server
- go to logitech media server and get the MAC address of the player app
- configure xsqueeze to control that player.

NOTE: I don't have any physical squeezeboxes so I have no idea how well this would play with other players.
There's already a note in the wiki under supported platforms, but feel free to flesh it out with a dedicated Android section if you want (It's a community wiki!!)

Glad you're having fun with it!
Hi, I'm trying to use XSqueeze on a RPi (running OpenElec 4.97.3). When I try to open XSqueeze, it complains that cannot connect to player.

~/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezelite -l
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)

I have audio working on OpenElec thru HDMI and all snd_* modules seems to be fine:

lsmod | grep "snd"
snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c 1481 0
snd_soc_pcm512x 6076 1 snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
snd_soc_wm8804 6686 0
regmap_spi 1465 1 snd_soc_wm8804
snd_soc_tas5713 4752 0
regmap_i2c 1974 3 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c,snd_soc_tas5713
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s 6017 0
regmap_mmio 2181 1 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_soc_core 104474 4 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_tas5713,snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_compress 7084 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine 2935 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm 63086 3 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine
snd_timer 17712 1 snd_pcm
snd 41549 4 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_compress

1. Do I need to setup anything specific for OpenElec Rpi with alsa?

2. I don't want to use Kodi as a squeeze device, I wan't to use it as a squeeze player so that the audio output of XBMC goes to my squeeze devices.

Thanks
(2014-12-26, 14:16)renatoriolino Wrote: 2. I don't want to use Kodi as a squeeze device, I wan't to use it as a squeeze player so that the audio output of XBMC goes to my squeeze devices.

Thanks

Not possible. Xsqueeze is either a player, playing to your xbmc machine's audio output, just like your movies output sound. Or it is a controller for one of your other squeeze players in the house.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am trying to install on OpenELEC (official) 4.97.3 Kodi 14.0-RC3 on Chromebox and I am getting the "dependencies not met" message. I have been looking all over for a solution to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
It's possible the addon hasn't been updated for helix .
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3