• 99(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Sweet - have fun!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I have not been tracking this thread. Version 1.2.0 fixed the very slow playback of 192 kHz files on my openelec chromebox. Are you still looking for an openelec tester? I verified with a variety of flac flies, but have not tried mp3s.
@ardsavac - yep I am - I went ahead and release V1.2 with the static linked linux binaries so in theory mp3s whould work on OE linux....but would be great to get it confirmed

Glad the 192kHz stuff works better too - these binaries are the 'all mod cons' binaries, not the default ones....
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I just went and checked. mp3 files are working for me on openelec 5.0.5
Great! Thanks!
Hi,

So far I am using Kodi but it is more a video player than a music player.
I was advised to use XSqueeze on Kodi but before going further I am looking for the features added to Kodi by XSqueeze. Unfortunately I can't find any link.

Could someone give my a link where I could see what is XSqueeze and the features regarding music (mainly metadata to select music) and codecs.

Thanks
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XSqueeze
Thanks Snyder for this link.

Quote:...the features regarding music (mainly metadata to select music) and codecs.
I got the codecs info.
Do you have any info regarding tags (metadata) to sort music out?
(2015-03-15, 18:58)MrNice Wrote: Thanks Snyder for this link.

Quote:...the features regarding music (mainly metadata to select music) and codecs.
I got the codecs info.
Do you have any info regarding tags (metadata) to sort music out?
What do you mean info? logitechmediaserver uses the standard tags that are included in any properly ripped mp3 or flac file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
the basic thing you want to research is not really xsqueeze, but the squeezebox eco system and particularly logitechmediaserver. It's a vastly more sophisticated music handling system than kodi, even though it's kind of old now, it is in fact mor sophisticated than pretty much all the other streaming music setups (e.g. Sonos etc)
Thanks bossanova808

I found what I was looking for here
Quote:We're going to cheat by redefining some terms to make classical music fit into the Artist/Album/Track model that SqueezeCenter uses.
Basically, SqueezeCenter uses the same tag than Kodi but there is a way to customise for classical music, see here

Instead of doing again the custo, my question is:
Is there here someone who did this customisation for classical music?

@nickr
Quote:The problem with Classical music is that most capture/tagging/playback software is really oriented to pop/rock, where the most important unit of listening is either the whole CD or the individual track. And we usually want to find these by Artist (“composer” is esoteric info rarely used).

In classical music the most important unit is usually the Work (e.g. a Symphony or Concerto), consisting of a few tracks, and of which there may be one or many on a CD. Sometimes on multi-CD sets they put one Work across 2 CDs. And we usually want to find these by Composer (“artist” is useful secondary info to distinguish between two different recordings of the same Work).

Its not therefore surprising that a model developed for pop music (Artist / Album / Song) doesn't work very well for listening to classical music. ...
You would need to set that up on YOUR server, using those (commercial) plugins.

It's not something someone else can do for you, and it's not the default behaviour...
Please, tell me bossanova808, maybe I misunderstand something.
If I use Kodi + XSqueeze, can I customize for classical music the way I wrote in my previous post?
Is it different?
Xsqueeze reads from logitechmediaserver. Try their forums I think.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I believe custom browse just makes anotehr menu entry and that therefore xsqueeze would pick it up (or if not it would not be hard to add).

I think try and get it working on your local environment the way you like first using LMS and squeezeplayer (a software squeezebox) - and if it's all good, then move on to xsqueeze. If it is simple enough I would look at adding the extra menu or whatever, that's not a big deal I think.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3