• 102(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
(2015-04-15, 01:37)bossanova808 Wrote: @cw-kid

Note those binaries you linked to in the other thread are not actually the main squeezelite downloads (which are found at the bottom of this page - https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/), but special builds with statically linked libraries (that I asked Ralph Irving to prepare and he very kindly did - consider donating to him!). These static binaries are included with the latest xsqueeze, so you could have just copied them from there also. The problem is that these will not be updated as it would require Ralph to maintain a bunch of build environments he does not use. So we may be a bit stuck going forward...but for now all is working ok (both your way or with the integrated xsqueeze approach).

Oh I see, that's not so good then!

So the downloads found here on the Google Code page are still the official latest builds? Dated Jan 2014.

And these ones here are the special one off builds that include the statically linked libraries.

As of OpenElec 5.0.x my existing SqueezeLite setup stopped working. I guess the OpenElec developers removed the libraries required for MP3 playback with SqueezeLite. Not sure why this actually happened?

The only way to have SqueezeLite running under Linux OpenElec now (that I know of) is to use these new SqueezeLite builds with the statically linked libraries in them. I updated my old install guide here to reflect these changes.

Not sure what the solution will be moving forward in the future then..

Cheers
The libraries as not needed for kodi anymore as I believe ffmpeg handles this now for kodi. So OE took tgr m out, logically. If it gets desperate and I am still motivated enough I will set up vms to compile static binaries but given I personally don't use xsqueeze as such anymore, not 100% sure I will find that motivation...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Not related to XSqueeze but maybe of interest, with these new SqueezeLite builds we are discussing, Google TTS (Text to Speech) no longer appears to work!

For example in the Logitech Media Server webpage under the Radio section, there is an option to Tune in URL:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate_...ello+world

The above URL no longer works, it appears to play in LMS on the SqueezeLite, but you can't hear the TTS.

However I can still tune in Radio URLs OK such as:

http://www.listenlive.eu/bbcradio1.m3u

I integrated my Home Automation Controller (Micasaverde Vera) with Kodi and Squeezelite, for voice announcements in the house when certain things happen, like when the doorbell is pressed.

I've just downgraded SqueezeLite on my Windows file server, which drives the speakers in my Kitchen, from version "squeezelite-1.8.0-566-win32" back to version "squeezelite-1.5-365-win32" and the Google TTS is now working again.

Just seems odd I can still tune in Radio URLs OK but not Google TTS URLs any more.
(2015-05-01, 14:42)cw-kid Wrote: Not related to XSqueeze but maybe of interest, with these new SqueezeLite builds we are discussing, Google TTS (Text to Speech) no longer appears to work!

For example in the Logitech Media Server webpage under the Radio section, there is an option to Tune in URL:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate_...ello+world

The above URL no longer works, it appears to play in LMS on the SqueezeLite, but you can't hear the TTS.

However I can still tune in Radio URLs OK such as:

http://www.listenlive.eu/bbcradio1.m3u

I integrated my Home Automation Controller (Micasaverde Vera) with Kodi and Squeezelite, for voice announcements in the house when certain things happen, like when the doorbell is pressed.

I've just downgraded SqueezeLite on my Windows file server, which drives the speakers in my Kitchen, from version "squeezelite-1.8.0-566-win32" back to version "squeezelite-1.5-365-win32" and the Google TTS is now working again.

Just seems odd I can still tune in Radio URLs OK but not Google TTS URLs any more.

That my friend is fucking clever! I thought I was clever popping up on-screen notifications to the kids to come for dinner or tidy their rooms, but I like this even better!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've got SqueezeLite running on my WHS 2011 server and this connects to an amp for the kitchen speakers. Using the Squeezebox plugin for Vera, I can then in my scenes send Google TTS announcements to that Squeezelite instance.

However running Squeezelite on Openelec Linux I could never get the Google TTS to work, I just hear nothing, yet music works fine.

I then discovered the DLNA plug-in for Vera, this supports Google TTS and works with my OpenElec PCs, it even resumes the media you were watching after its spoken the announcement! See my blog here for more about the DLNA plugin.

It's quite handy, I have scenes to run announcements like "Beer assistant" and "Kids turn off TV and go to sleep" Also a lot of my Vera lighting scheduled scenes are announced so I know what's going on, like "Schedule turning off lawn lights" and stuff like that.
I have installed XSqueeze a couple of times and I never had any problems. Since I bought a raspberry pi 2 and I installed OSMC, XSqueeze can´t connect to the player.

Please see my log file:

http://pastebin.com/XCViJXSR

I followed the installation instructions for Raspbmc, which doesn´t seem to work for OSMC:

Code:
sudo modprobe snd_bcm283
@Snyder - best thing to do is ssh in and run squeeslite from the addon dir on the command line and see what happens. Kill xbmc first initially, then try with xbmc running in BG etc.

The command line to try is found in the log basically:
21:13:57 T:1717851168 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.1 ### Attempting to start player: ['/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezelite', '-m', '11:23:88:44:55:hf', '-o', 'dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0', '-160', '-s', '192.168.178.20']

..if you get it working outside xbmc, it's usually easy from there. I know nothing about osmc though....
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
ok... thanks. I will try it later...
(2015-05-25, 21:39)Snyder Wrote: I have installed XSqueeze a couple of times and I never had any problems. Since I bought a raspberry pi 2 and I installed OSMC, XSqueeze can´t connect to the player.

Please see my log file:

http://pastebin.com/XCViJXSR

I followed the installation instructions for Raspbmc, which doesn´t seem to work for OSMC:

Code:
sudo modprobe snd_bcm283
I had issues with openelec on a pi2. Haven't had too much time to investigate it recently. I had it working on a desktop running openelec after spending some time working out the errors with the dev
Bossanova.... I configured XSqueeze on a device for the first time in quite a while (Raspberry Pi, Openelec Millhouse build). Everything is working great, I even have perfect sync with my old Squeezebox Boom... However, I am using the Mimic skin and the artist slideshow is all the way to the left, covering the album artwork. Is there any way I can just disable that function?

Even better.. is there an easy way to remove the right side portion entirely, and make the album art centered on top with the tracks below?

Thanks for you support of over the last couple of years with this... glad to see you've stayed with it.
Hey

It's really just a quick edit of NowPlayingWindow.xml in the addon resources folder you'll be wanting to do. Ideally you'd create a nice Mimic version and I'd add it to the package.

I should really de-couple the artist slideshow thing, but honestly don't have the time/heart for it right now.

BTW did you see my little reverse addon? the one that let's you put e.g. the xbmc lay time remaining on the squeezebox when you're watching telly (only useful if you have both machines next to each other of course, but it's cool if you do!)
Just installed this on one of my clients and got it working. I have installed the repository on another client but for some reason the addon is not available to install, only the xsqueeze chooser shows up. I have tried force refreshing and updating the repository to no avail.

What is going on here?

Thanks in advance.
No idea, haven't seen that. If it's a fresh install it may be that a dependent addon (like artist slideshow) - is not yet available or similar. usually these things jsut work themselves out with a bit of time..
Still no dice today, it's not a fresh install either.

Can the add on ZIP file be downloaded from anywhere and installed from a hard drive instead of via the repository?
Sure, but the issue is indicative of some problem with your system...it's definitely not a general issue

https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808

Look in repository-downloads....
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3