• 104(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Oh I totally missed it Smile thank you.
Wink 
Evening all,

Am wondering if anyone can help please. I have only today left my old ATV1 behind and gone over to the wonders of Raspberry Pi2.
I am having a problem with Xsqueeze, can cannot get it to play.

A copy of my log can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/pbbojaeng - its right at the bottom...apologies for a large log, only just worked out how to do it

It says starting up but then says 'couldn't connect to player'. It worked fine on my ATV1 (one of the only things that did)
Can anyone help me please? I am very new to this and still trying to find my way around.

Thanks in advance
Cheryl
@cheztaz

I'd advise using squeezelite over slave as it's a lot more modern and robust. So first try squeezelite, but if you're still stuck...

Here's the line from that log that starts the player (line 1542 - learn to find it, it's handy):

### XSqueeze - 1.2.1 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.0.2']

If you drop to the command line (google it!), can you run the equivalent command successfully from there?

basically do this on the command line:

Code:
cd /storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/
./squeezeslave -m00:00:00:00:00:01 192.168.0.2

..and see what happens.

It's not working because (for reasons we can't see in the log) - that command is failing. If you do it from the command line, you'll hopefully get a useful error message.

It definitely can be made to work on the Pi though...although you might want to look a few messages up re: audio outputs if you're using analogue out rather than HDMI. I'm not Pi expert, nmine has sat in a cupboard for a couple years now really...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2015-08-28, 01:46)bossanova808 Wrote: @cheztaz

I'd advise using squeezelite over slave as it's a lot more modern and robust. So first try squeezelite, but if you're still stuck...

Here's the line from that log that starts the player (line 1542 - learn to find it, it's handy):

### XSqueeze - 1.2.1 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.0.2']

If you drop to the command line (google it!), can you run the equivalent command successfully from there?

basically do this on the command line:

Code:

..and see what happens.

It's not working because (for reasons we can't see in the log) - that command is failing. If you do it from the command line, you'll hopefully get a useful error message.

It definitely can be made to work on the Pi though...although you might want to look a few messages up re: audio outputs if you're using analogue out rather than HDMI. I'm not Pi expert, nmine has sat in a cupboard for a couple years now really...

Thank you my sweet, I will get back to you as need to learn how to do that lol
OK, I have managed to get XSqueeze to work as a controller for my Logitech Boom when I put the Boom mac address in, but it will not act a a squeezeplayer with the mac address of 00:00:00:00:00:01 or 02.

Ideally I want it to act as an independent player connecting to LMS.

Have not quite got access via Terminal to identify the command line - as passwords do not work to access the Raspberry Pi.
Using openelc? root/openelec should do it.

(Most likely in player mode what is happening is XBMC is hogging the audio device (assuming you're outputting audio to hdmi). So you want to stop that - see wiki (turn off gui sound, release device etc).
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Afternoon Bossanova,

Yes it is Openelec.

I turned off the gui sound in system/audio output - changed to Never

when opening terminal and entering: ssh pi@ipaddress - it prompts for password only and not username - and have tried openelec/raspberry and neither of them work.

as here:
Last login: Sun Aug 30 15:35:57 on ttys000
Chez-Macbook:~ Cheryl$ ssh pi@ipaddress
pi@ipaddress password:
Permission denied, please try again.
pi@ipaddress password:
pi@ipaddress password:

cleared the ssh key from directory and restarted Pi and tried again, to get this:

The authenticity of host '192.168.0.xx (192.168.0.xx)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 3b:a2:2b:04:31:fa:aa:a8:35:9e:26:8c:8e:9f:1d:59.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? y
Please type 'yes' or 'no': yes
Warning: Permanently added '192.168.0.xx' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
[email protected]'s password:

Again using both passwords mentioned.

This has got me stumped! usually a fast learner, but Raspberry Pi is proving to be testing lol.
Blimey...I am in - I tried doing

Cheryl$ ssh [email protected] and used the password and now in.

I pasted your code:

and got this:

##############################################
# OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone #
# ...... visit http://www.openelec.tv ...... #
##############################################

OpenELEC (official) Version: 5.95.4
OpenELEC:~ # cd /storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/
OpenELEC:~/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm # ./squeezeslave -m00:
00:00:00:00:01 192.168.0.2
PortAudio error7: No output devices found.

Latest log: Latest log: http://xbmclogs.com/puxndblzl
Ok yeah, you were logging in as user 'pi' in the first example I think, hence your issue.

Try squeezelite, it's much better than slave. Should be in the same folder if running from command line, otherwise set it in settings (it's the default anyway, so you must have changed this?).

Well looks like it's having trouble with outputs as suspected. Have you used the output chooser in XSqueeze settings to set an output?

Squeezelite options are listed here:
https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/

So much about with those until it works from the command line, then add the successful setting tos XSqueeze and away you go.
Thank you so much Bossanova

I appreciate your assistance and patience on this :-)

I have it working through Squeezelite and connected fine.

Settings are: squeezelite
Output device: default card=ALSA - bcm 2835 ALSA

I have sound, but it is crackly at times like interference.
Check the wiki...I think there is a fix for that mayb? or google it, I think it's common on the Pi and can be corrected
Thanks my sweet.

I did the -y200 adjustment and still happening. I also tried different output device options, and still the same.

Will have to live with it, until I can find a workaround.

All is connected via ethernet, but seems when I use my macbook, it makes it stutter too lol.

At least I have sound :-)
Hi,

i have trouble starting xsqueeze on rpi (openelec) skin Arctic Zephyr. Have read the wiki but i can't start it. It finds the server. I have it set up as a player.

I get:
Code:
Failed to create player process,On OE/Linux/OSX you probably need to manually chmod +x the binaries,4000,/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/icon.png

This is what is in the log file.

http://pastebin.com/UTKTWyiN

Tnx.
@snoppy86 -ssh in to your machine and try the equivalent of this on your command line:

20:44:17 84420.921875 T:1043330112 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.1 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezelite', '-m', 'aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff', '-o', 'Output', 'devices:', '-s', '10.0.0.10']

See what happens...

@cheztaz - didn't see that one sorry. Maybe it's a sync issues, some sort of wireless vs wired thing when you're streaming to your macbook as well (although I have tried similar lots of times without issue)
If i run it like this it starts.

http://imgur.com/KOa3go8
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3