• 106(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
(2015-10-04, 01:48)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok, try the equivaletn of this from the command line:
Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.178.40']

...better yet, use the much more modern squeezelite.
See what happens and what errors you get.

Error....not found
I cant reach the command line by Kodi so I started a SSH session and enter the followwing: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.178.40'] and the respons is the same added with the comment not found.
Ok, you're going to need to read up on some command line basics if you want to be able to do this sort of thing.

You need to enter the *equivalent* of that command, not that actual text - so while in the addon folder /storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/ you will need to do something *like* this but with your thinking head on:

Code:
./squeezelite -m 12:34:56:78:90 -s 192.168.178.40:9001

With squeezelite docs here: https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/

In terms of the command line, which is super useful to know some basics of, http://linuxcommand.org/lc3_learning_the_shell.php
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ok, there is a lot to learn and read...
I enter now the command as you said.
Still not working..
Can you see the problem in the log file?

http://xbmclogs.com/pcz6dv8y6
No, hence the need for the command line output. It's really not that hard but you're going to have to put in some basic effort.

Until you can run the above command and get some sort of meaningful output, you'll have to keep trying on your own.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Has anyone gotten xsqueeze to work on Fire TV 2? I'm a hardware guy but judging from the error logs (see link) it looks like the device would have to be rooted for this to work? The initial error is for a missing package and the rest are permissions errors. The FTV would be a killer platform for...well, everything...if this were to work. I do have angrygoat's SB player installed and working on the FTV side of things btw.

Error Log
@MouthBreather - you're using an external player, don't start the XSqueeze player.
(2015-11-16, 00:44)bossanova808 Wrote: @MouthBreather - you're using an external player, don't start the XSqueeze player.

DUH...thank you!
If you're running this on OSMC and it squeezelite suddently doesn't work, see this:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/new-update-a...te/10455/7
Running into problems configuring / setting this up. Just followed the directions and not when I try to run XSqueeze I see:

Starting Xsqueeze and connecting to LMS then "couldn't connect to player" and now I cannot get in to look at settings.

Any thoughts?
Just that I am not a mind reader and can't help you without some sort of proper info (platform etc) & full debug log....
Hoping this is a simple question, but can't seem to locate the answer in the wiki:
How do I change the background image (the burning guitar) used by xsqueeze?
@fuzzweed

Just swap out this file for whatever you like really (the path will be different depending on your system but I am sure you'll work it out).
C:\XBMC\Isengard\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.xsqueeze\resources\skins\Default\media\music.jpg

It will get overwritten on upgrades but I'm not envisaging many of those really so it won't be a common thing.
Hi bossanova

I've installed xsqueeze but I can't seem to get it to run through the UI reliably. If log into SSH and run squeezelite-i64 from the command line it works fine. I think it's worked maybe 2 out of 10 tries through the UI, mostly after having run it from the command line first.

Here's the URL for the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pamw93osu

Having had a quick skim through the logs it's falling over somewhere in the python code.

Hopefully you can advise.

Thanks
I can't really see what the error is in that log unfortunately - I can see something about skin settings but I don't know what that means unfortunately. I am yet to try any 17 versions given 16 is not even out yet, so it's probably related to a change in that? Can you try a 16 build and see if you get the same? Millhouse builds are a bit too bleeding edge for me, and I have retired my Pi too...
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3