[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
BradD Offline
(2017-01-13 06:30)bossanova808 Wrote:  @BradD Update to 1.2.6 just added to the repo - little present, just for you. It's inelgantly done, but should get you going as you requested.

(You got lucky, I was bored today Smile

You are too awesome. THANK YOU! It works great.
find quote
Rusendusen Offline
Nice addition with being able to add folders! Thx!
find quote
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
You're both very welcome. Glad it is useful for you.

Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*
find quote
jmric Offline
Hello

I made the migration from librelec 6.1 to librelec 7.95.1 raspberry pi3

and y lost de selection button at the bottom of the window...

What can I do ...

Thank you for your help
find quote
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
Yeah I (or someone) will need to do an XSqueeze skin file for Estuary. It should still work fine with Confluence & Kodi 17 (which is what I will use as I am not a fan of Estuary)

find quote
mooblie Offline
Hi - new user of XSqueeze on Kodi on Openelec on Raspberry Pi3 here - many thanks indeed for this addon! - just what I was looking for!

I use it with a Sony TV and remote, using HDMI-CEC to control XSqueeze. It all works fine, except that I cannot find a way of making alphanumeric inputs into the XSqueeze "Filter" function with the TV remote. It works (of course) with a USB keyboard plugged into the Pi3.

Is there any way of entering Filter terms with an HDMI-CEC remote?

Or is there a way to use the on-screen keyboard with cursor control (not sure what it's called, but this thing):

[Image: kodi_onscreen_keyboard.jpg]

Or is there some other way I've missed of Searching my LMS library, without just scrolling through Artists/Albums/Songs...?

Many thanks in advance.
find quote
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
Well, at that point you're using the 'XSqueeze Chooser' plugin to choose music. Basically, that just presents lists of items to Kodi, and how Kodi displays and lets you navigate items is, I believe, entirely up to Kodi and outside of my control...that's jsut the basic structure of a Kodi plugin really. In theory any way you normally navigate in other plugins should work here...but I'm on holiday right now so can't actually try it out here with a regular remote right now I'm afraid.

find quote
mooblie Offline
OK, thanks for the reply. I understand this might be out of your hands.

In other plug-ins, the on-screen cursor-controlled keyboard comes up automatically when alphanumeric entry is required.

However, when I want to use the "Filter" when choosing music in XSqueeze: the flashing cursor is there, but the on-screen cursor-controlled keyboard doesn't come up automatically, and I can't find any keys on the HDMI-CEC remote to force bringing it up. I'll keep looking.

Thanks again.
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-25 01:50 by mooblie.)
find quote
mooblie Offline
Right - I'm putting my hand up here to my own stupidity!

I eventually realised that once the Filter is chosen and the cursor is flashing awaiting text entry, simply pressing the OK button (centre of cursor pad) brings up the virtual keyboard.

Doh! (Thought I'd better 'fess up, for anybody else reading this with the same problem!) Never has my avatar been more appropriate!

Thanks again to bossanova for the XSqueeze plugin.
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-25 20:13 by mooblie.)
find quote