XBMC Skin Directory Site
Hi everyone Wink

I must admit it's been a while since I've used XBMC and I never used the forum when I was running it before as I never had any issues. Recently I purchased an Apple TV 2 and had XBMC installed on it in less than 20 mins of recieving it. The only issue I've had so far is that even though this forum is fantastic and the wiki is extremely helpful I've found it fairly hard to find non official skins without trawling through posts and lots of googling. I noticed people who make their own skins seem to have links to forum threads about them in their forum signatures so stumbling onto them is the best way to find them.

One idea that I've had is with my background being a website dev, creating a 3rd party site which just allows people to go on and submit their skins along with the download information and some screenshots to a directory which will make it nice and simple to find skins for new and current users.

With XBMC becoming so easy to install and products like the ATV2 being so easy to setup even for non technical folk and devices like the raspberry pi appearing which I'm sure will lead to far more media devices capable of running XBMC it may be an idea to have a site like the one I'm proposing.

I'm perfectly happy to aquire a domain and put it on some hosting courtesy of my business and to moderate and build the site myself.

But before I get too ahead of myself I was just wondering if I'm just being daft and missing an existing site or perhaps someone else is working on a similar project.

Does anybody have any thoughts or objections to a project like this?
Being somewhat worked on. Might jump in there
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121193
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Cheers I'll chip in on that thread and see if they want any help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skin Directory Site0