How to disable the visualization overlay?
Hi everybody,

When I listen to music in XBMC for a long time I can still recognize the overlay on my plasma tv for days after.

This is especially annoying when I listen to albums from the same artist for a couple of hours (I can still read the artist's name watching a movie afterwards).

Can I disable the overlay (CD case, artist, time, etc.)?

My favourite soluten would automatically hide the overlay after a few seconds. I'm using Aeon MQ3 btw.

thanks!
can't you just hit the info button to make the overlay go away? (i on the keyboard)

you can toggle the OSD with the tab key
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-06-27, 22:16)lrusak Wrote: can't you just hit the info button to make the overlay go away? (i on the keyboard)

Nah - unfortunately that just shows a playlist bar at the top of the screen.
Has nobody had this problem?
Upload a picture of the screen you are talking about, I can just have the visualization showing fine without the info overlay.

Maybe try another skin?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-07-01, 09:54)lrusak Wrote: Upload a picture of the screen you are talking about, I can just have the visualization showing fine without the info overlay.

Maybe try another skin?

I really like the MQ3 Skin. Here's the Screenshot. "i"-key toggles the bar at the top.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I really like the MQ3 skin but don't want to damage my screen.
unfortunately no. But I'm certain there is a way.
I was able to do it, I'm pretty sure it's this:

Settings --> Skin (Skin Options) --> Playback (Visual Options) --> Names and Image/CDArt During Audio Visualization [deactivated]

You'll still get a reminder every time a new track starts but it will go away after a few seconds.
(2012-08-23, 23:41)Josh1454 Wrote: I was able to do it, I'm pretty sure it's this:

Settings --> Skin (Skin Options) --> Playback (Visual Options) --> Names and Image/CDArt During Audio Visualization [deactivated]

You'll still get a reminder every time a new track starts but it will go away after a few seconds.

wooow - so easy Smile

thank you very very much!
You're welcome, glad I could help! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable the visualization overlay?1