Logitech Harmony 300
Anyone else got one?

I'm mainly frustrated that I need to use up two of my four devices just to control the volume up/down on the amp, and the input selector on the TV. I don't use any other controls for either device but they are pretty much essential controls for a HT setup!!

Anyone know a hack or a way around this? Aside from buying a 600 Wink

I used to have a O4A Topline 8 remote that was totally customisable (I've still got it actually), it was very spod friendly but if you didn't have a spod handy it was a nightmare to set up. Actually I've got two O4A remotes in my cupboard thinking about it! A Kameleon 6 as well - that's a little bit easier to customise but eats through batteries like a battery eating monster - 3xAAA every 3 weeks
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?
I assuem your amp deos not support video inputs?
The 300 is really crappy...
I had a 515 and now a 700 and the Software of the "real" models is way better I configured a 300 for my dad and it was a real pain.

And no you have to use 2 of the slots.
I have a question about the 300. The power will turn on two devises. But I can’t get my receiver to be in the second devise slot. I couldn’t figure out how to switch the receiver from the third button to the second. Other than that the 300 is a great $14 remote
Jetster Wrote:Other than that the 300 is a great $14 remote

Please, can you tell me how you have configured your harmony 300 in XBMC ? Do you have modified the keymap.xml ?

Regards, XBMCManni
XBMCManni Wrote:Please, can you tell me how you have configured your harmony 300 in XBMC ? Do you have modified the keymap.xml ?

Regards, XBMCManni

uhm, do u use a MCE IR Receiver that registers as a eHOME device?
eskro Wrote:uhm, do u use a MCE IR Receiver that registers as a eHOME device?

Yes, i have a eHOME device.
Just bite the bullet and get a 600+ (but nevermind the One, I find it to be overpriced and less easy to handle) Smile

The benefit of the models with a screen is that you can set up the on-screen buttons independently of the activity button settings, which makes for much more flexibility and minimizes the confusion when the remote thinks the devices are in state x, but they're not (etc).

My girlfriend does for example have a tendency to not lift the remote enough (over the sofa table) for the amp to always receive the "on" signal (when going from Watch TV to Watch movie), so I've added an amp power toggle button on the screen for those situations.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
XBMCManni Wrote:Yes, i have a eHOME device.

well then, just add a MCE KEYBOARD device to your harmony, thats it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony 3000