graphics card suggestion help please
The 300w is just a suggestion - the GT 520 pulls about 25w, all from the PCIe x16 port.
Thanks live4ever

I found similar info when searching. I would think that since this going to be strictly a HTPC appliance using openelec I would not have an issue. I am still waiting for my PC. The card was ordered yesterday. I plan on adding the new SIMEREC product to be released does everything the PCS-2 does (power control), plus it allows you to control the media functions of your HTPC (volume, play, rec, etc.). http://simerec.com/ I have been using the xbox for a few years with an harmony remote and the add on ir unit that controls the on and off function. I don't want to loose any features when going to this new unit.

Thanks again with pointing me toward the card.
Remops- What is HTPC appliance for? Is it some kind of HTPC that connected to your appliance? Sorry, I never heard of it in U.S.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Look at thisWink

http://xbmc.org/prae5/2010/12/06/xbmc-de...0-summary/

XBMC Appliance

openelec.tv is an embedded Linux release that is entirely focused on XBMC and similar to XBMCLive. It is a very stripped down version of Linux that creates an XBMC appliance / set top box with minimal user input required. It is incredibly easy to install and removes a lot of the difficulties that new users experience with XBMCLive. openelec.tv has been developed by a forum user called sraue, who has now joined the XBMC team. To duly acknowledge the value of openelec.tv, we’ve decided to give it it’s own full release name. While we haven’t decided on that name, the working title is XBMC Appliance .

XBMC Appliance is seen to be a complementary product, rather than a replacement for XBMCLive. XBMCLive is great for those that would like to tweak things, add new software, have some flexibility, but the downside of this flexibility is that setup and maintenance is much more difficult. XBMC Appliance is for those that want to create a dedicated XBMC media player. It has releases for specific hardware platforms and can have users up and running in less than 15 minutes.

Exactly what we’ll call “XBMC Appliance” (and if we’ll call it that at all) is still being discussed.
Remops- I thought that it is some kind of HTPC that is connected to appliances (refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, etc)!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
graphics card suggestion help please0