Think you have enough bass? You don't :)
Here's something to test with!

It's a quad-recording of USSS Discovery blasting off - taken from the nearest vantage point 3.1 miles away. To reproduce this at that distance would take approx. 20,000MW, yes 20 thousand million watts.

I have taken the 4-channel recordings and put them in an easy-to-play 5.1 FLAC file @24/96khz. I don't care how good your system is - this will stretch it. There is bass extending well below 20hz that on a big system will literally thump your chest. Actually reproducing this correctly is virtually impossible with HI-FI equipment.

Make sure you're set-up for 5.1 with bass management and matrix the 7.1 speakers if you have them.

Sit back and adjust the volume so the ambient noise of a few spectators seems about right, and hold the remote ready for blast-off Big Grin

All credits to the renowned recording/mastering guru Bob Katz - details of the recording and some cool facts here.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for posting this...gonna give it a try when Im back home!
Enjoy, but be careful on your equipment Big Grin For anyone with an SPL meter, if it hits 126db you have the right output lol
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Tried it in my car with my 12's ..... Smile wohoo! Blast off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beer40oz Wrote:Tried it in my car with my 12's ..... Smile wohoo! Blast off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweeeeet - never thought of it on a car system Cool
Thanks for this.

I'll be sure to keep it in reserve for the appropriate time(s) the kids are misbehaving. Big Grin
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
thethirdnut Wrote:Thanks for this.

I'll be sure to keep it in reserve for the appropriate time(s) the kids are misbehaving. Big Grin

Times you wish you could strap them to the rockets lol - been there got the Cape Canaveral t-shirt Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Think you have enough bass? You don't :)0