A/V Sync issues with XBMC using mythtv/mythbox
Hi

I am using XBMC Eden Beta 3 on Natty.

Before uprgrading to Eden/Natty from Dharma/Lynx, Mythbox, which has worked fine for two years, began to become unstable. The developer reported that mythbox will now only work properly with XBMC Eden, so I upgraded.

Watching "live tv" via mythbox or the mythtv:// no longer works. The stream works fine for three/four seconds, then becomes "jittery" (both video and audio) and unwatchable. The log reports that audio and video are constantly out of sync and are trying to catch up with each other.

I have tried every combination of settings under the sun, all audio sync options, all rendering options, VDPAU on and off - makes no difference. Have halted all other CPU-hungry processes on the box - no difference.

movie/tv files play fine.

I use NVIDIA drivers.

Mythtv frontend plays the "live tv" streams absolutely fine. I do not want to have to switch between XBMC an MythTV to watch live tv (as I said, has worked fine for two years plus)

Not a box issue - "top" reports XBMC running at 40-50% during playback with other processes running.

Any other else having this issue with XBMX/MythTV?
Some others have had problems yes. If you post a full debug log then I can see if it's the same problem.

Sorry for the massive delay.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
Thanks but I have abandoned Mythbox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A/V Sync issues with XBMC using mythtv/mythbox0