SilverStone ML03B vs. LIAN LI & Moneual
I just got the ML03B micro ATX low profile case the other day and I was a bit surprised by the face plate. Did not realize it had a shinny plastic ribbed band across the front. Thought it was all a brushed black finish aluminum. I know from a utilitarian view, it's just a box and low cost. But wondering before I start the build if anyone has used the LIAN LI PC-C37B and how they found quality of the case and build experience? It's obviously more money. In fact for that price I'd also like to know who has used the Moneual MonCaso 312B and how they liked that.
I can't speak to that specific Lian-li case, but I recently purchased their pc-v354 and I can say the build quality and finish of Lian-Li is second to none.
soundbyte Wrote:I can't speak to that specific Lian-li case, but I recently purchased their pc-v354 and I can say the build quality and finish of Lian-Li is second to none.

True that..!Big Grin
Imo the quality of Ml03 is good you cant expect to get a full aluminium case for 60 I dont like are the dimensions of the case. bucks.
The Lian Li is really nice only thing
Moneual case are just to expensive to compare if I wanted to pay that much I would go for a fanless setup.
TeKo Wrote:Imo the quality of Ml03 is good you cant expect to get a full aluminium case for 60 I dont like are the dimensions of the case. bucks.
The Lian Li is really nice only thing
Moneual case are just to expensive to compare if I wanted to pay that much I would go for a fanless setup.

I hear you TeKo. It was just that the front of the ML03 was not what I was looking for to fit in with my other components. Quality is good and for $60, I could have lived with plastic front if it at least looked like a brushed black finish. Since I can accomodate the height, I think I'll go for the GD04B and be done with it for an additional $30.
Yea the 04 or 05 was my first choice but I just wanted a smaller one they they are both really nice and still kinda cheap.

If you want to use the case fans you should buy them cause the included ones kinda suck maybe go for Scythe slipstream 800rpm I think I got them for my desktop for about 5€ each.
TeKo Wrote:Yea the 04 or 05 was my first choice but I just wanted a smaller one they they are both really nice and still kinda cheap.

If you want to use the case fans you should buy them cause the included ones kinda suck maybe go for Scythe slipstream 800rpm I think I got them for my desktop for about 5€ each.

Why 800rpm? Looking at a few different Scythe, SilenX, and GELID fans. The GELID variable speed (750-1500rpm) PWM control fan is very interesting with solid reviews. And the 800rpm Scyth you suggest is also highly rated and only 10.7dBA.
PWM need the 4pin connector like CPU fans.
I dont know how many connector your board have for my Desktop I have 3 Scythe 120 3pin controlled via motherboard and a 140 PWM fan.

If your board doesnt have the connectors you can just use the PSU directly my Slipstreams included an adapter.
TeKo Wrote:PWM need the 4pin connector like CPU fans.
I dont know how many connector your board have for my Desktop I have 3 Scythe 120 3pin controlled via motherboard and a 140 PWM fan.

If your board doesnt have the connectors you can just use the PSU directly my Slipstreams included an adapter.

I've got one 3 pin and two 4 pin case fan connectors and a 4 pin CPU fan connector. In the GD04 (or GD05), assuming it was designed to achieve optimum positive air pressure using all three 120mm intake fans running at the same RPM, you would think using three 3 pin fans would be the way to go. But I doubt it's that critical. So I guess it would make sense to get two PWM fans for the side next to the mobo for best control of airflow over the mobo and then just stick one of those 800 RPM fans you suggested on the side in front of the PSU.
You need one of the 4pins for your CPU fan.
The question is do you even need all the fans.
I have no temp problems in the ML03 without a case fan and the this case is even bigger.
You are going to hear every fan mostly because of the vent holes.

Maybe just get 2 or try without and check if the temps are ok.
TeKo Wrote:You need one of the 4pins for your CPU fan.
The question is do you even need all the fans.
I have no temp problems in the ML03 without a case fan and the this case is even bigger.
You are going to hear every fan mostly because of the vent holes.

Maybe just get 2 or try without and check if the temps are ok.

Yea, I was thinking just two fans and actually on each side toward the front of the case may be best. To reduce keep dBA, which is additive, I think it wiser to keep each fan under 1000 RPM. Just a question to keep it simple with fan like you suggested or 900 RPM version (see http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Kama-Flow-1...ef=lh_ni_t) or go with thermal controlled fan or mobo controlled PWM fan. Any thoughts?
TeKo - This must be a typo, but the 800 RPM Scythe SY1225SL12L 120mm x 25mm fan is rated 10.7dBA with 40 CFM while the 900 RPM Scythe Kama Flow 2 120mm x 25mm fan is rated at 11dBA with 30 CFM. Don't know why the fan you suggested has lower RPM, but moves more air with basically the same amount of noise? If true, it's the winner!
Dont know but its a different fan the Slipstreams have 8 or 9 small blades and the Kama Flows have 6 or 7.
Maybe that makes a difference.

I cant hear the fans but you always hear the air flow through the grid.
TeKo - What are you using to cool your AMD cpu (you have A8, 65W or 100W)?
TeKo Wrote:Dont know but its a different fan the Slipstreams have 8 or 9 small blades and the Kama Flows have 6 or 7.
Maybe that makes a difference.

I cant hear the fans but you always hear the air flow through the grid.

It would be nice if case manufacturers offered the ability to remove the grid. This would reduce noise and improve airflow. With case in a cabinet, you'd never notice visually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SilverStone ML03B vs. LIAN LI & Moneual0