"Full screen window" choppy on AMD Fusion
Hi all,

i'm using XBMC Eden Beta 3 on Win7 32bit on an AMD Fusion (E350) machine.

When I choose true full screen mode, XBMC drops back to desktop on startup and has to be put in foreground again using Alt-Tab. That's very disturbing as I control XBMC with an IR remote.
Therefore I tried switching to "full screen window" mode, which solved the problem, but now I get very choppy video playback (while CPU usage is not significantly higher than in true full screen).

I've installed the latest Catalyst drivers.

Is there a solution to either "full screen not dropping back to desktop" or "smooth playback in full screen window mode"...
The full screen mode uses a DirectX mode that is fast, but that won't share the screen with any other app. What's happening is that on startup Windows starts XBMC but also starts other apps. Some other app is taking longer to start than XBMC so it's taking the focus, which forces XBMC to minimise.

The solution is to use a startup delay for XBMC so it doesn't start until everything else has started. Right click the XBMC icon in the startup folder and select Properties from the shortcut menu. In the Properties dialog the "Target" field will be something like:

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Change this to:

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 10

and click OK. Note that the -d 10 goes outside the quotes. The -d tells XBMC to delay starting and the number is the seconds to delay, so the above delays the XBMC start by 10 seconds. You can experiment with the delay to get it as short as possible.

JR
Actually I start XBMC manually, not from the Autostart folder. Nevertheless, there must be something stealing focus from XBMC...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Full screen window" choppy on AMD Fusion0