Display XBMC on both monitors?
I have an HTPC which is connected via NVidia to one TV and Intel integrated to a second TV. Both are using HDMI and are 1080p sets.

Currently when I bring up XBMC it only displays on the main TV (monitor 1) and the second TV is blank.

Is there any way to duplicate XBMC onto both TVs? I did make sure that I don't have "Blank other display" checked.

My goal is to be able to use the same HTPC for XBMC regardless if I'm watching in the Family room (TV 1) or the basement (TV 2).

If this isn't possible with XBMC is it possible to have two different installs of XBMC on the same computer? The first one would default to TV 1 and the second to TV 2?

Thanks.
Just get a HDMI splitter for the Nvidia output.
T800 Wrote:Just get a HDMI splitter for the Nvidia output.

Is there no way to do it as I'm describing?

My only hesitation on getting a splitter is that both TVs are using HDMI extenders over cat5e to a receiver and then one is using an HDMI extender over cat5e to the TV. Adding more splitters might cause issues with this type of a setup.

I could try but I was hoping to get it set up this way. Thanks.
XBMC can only use video output at a time and therefore only one monitor.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Graphic card dependant... the function duplicate displays works with the ATI card.
I am going to try the splitter but if that doesn't work would it be possible to have two different XBMC installs? One that shows video on monitor 1 and one that shows video on monitor 2?

I guess I could always use Media Browser for one TV and XBMC for the other although I do much prefer using XBMC...
As long as you get a decent quality splitter thats supports the framerates and audio codec passthrough you need it should be fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display XBMC on both monitors?0