Start XBMC on 2 Monitors
I have 2 LCD TVs connected to my HTPC:

1. Philips TV(Main) at Geforce GTX 570 HDMI Port
2. Philips TV(Sleeping Room, just to watch Movies) at the ONBOARD HDMI Port(ASROCK H67M GE/HT)

I want to show XBMC on both screens, the easiest way would be to duplicate desktop to both screens, but i can not choose this option in Windows 7, i guess because one Screen is connected to ONBOARD VGA, the other one to the Geforce GTX 570.

What I can choose in Win 7 is "Extend Desktop", is it possible to show XBMC on the main screen(Desktop) and the exact copy on the second screen(Extended Desktop)?
is this actually working? are you getting video out of both outputs?

I figured you would only be able to output via the GPU.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Yes it is working, i have enabled the Internal Graphic Unit in the BIOS.

The only problem is that i have to switch manually in Win 7 on which monitor the desktop(and XBMC) is shown....
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy an HDMI switch for like $10 and not have to use VGA at all? I would assume using the VGA connection would cause some other rendering issues as it is not using the GPU. I don't know, I could be crazy
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I only know HDMI switches where i have to choose with a remote which port i want to use.
Thats not so nice......

I don't think you are going to get XBMC to mirror itself on both GPUs at the same time. You want an HDMI splitter, not switch. If you go that route, get a quality one that will not degrade the signal. You probably want one that is a physical box and not just a splitter cable.
I don´t want a splitter or switch or whatever makes 2 signals out of one.

The second LCD-TV is in another room, i need a 10m cable. First choice was HDMI, but the Geforce GTX 570 has also a DVI port. The main LCD-TV needs only a 1m cable.

What would be the best way if i connect both LCDs directly to the Geforce:

1. 1m HDMI cable(1.LCD) and 10m DVI-to-HDMI(2.LCD)
2. 1m DVI-to-HDMI cable(1.LCD) and 10m HDMI(2.LCD)
3. HDMI-Splitter => both LCDs with HDMI

I do not think you will get XBMC to run in mirror mode. It uses DirectX and I don't think that will let it mirror, it'll need to be on the primary monitor. I really think your best bet is a quality HDMI splitter and some good inexpensive HDMI cables from monoprice.com. Then you can get audio and video to both sets over one cable. You could just use the onboard port and skip the Nvidia card all together. I use my onboard Core i3 video with my 60" HD 1080p set and it works brilliantly.
i use an hdmi splitter to send xbmc to 2 different tv sets. it was super cheap, no configuration. plug it in and they both show xbmc. couldn't be much easier than that.
(2012-07-06, 21:53)kricker Wrote: Still will not work. You will not get XBMC to run in mirror mode.

If i connect both TVs to the Geforce, i don´t need to mirror XBMC, cause in this case i can "duplicate Desktop".......

@Wes Paich:

How long are your cables and which splitter do you use?

On Mac OS X this is easy as pie, even with two different GPU cards.

*ducks and runs*
*shaking fist* darn you Ned!

I have 2 displays running off a Nvidia GPU on another PC. I'll see if it can actually get duplicated on each in any mode, without playback issues.
(2012-07-06, 21:58)Torro14 Wrote: If i connect both TVs to the Geforce, i don´t need to mirror XBMC, cause in this case i can "duplicate Desktop".......
I'll be darned, that worked just fine. I was expecting tearing and such, but playback looked perfect. I think I'd still go with an HDMI splitter and HDMI cables sending audio and video over one smaller cable is so much nicer for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start XBMC on 2 Monitors0