Zotac ZBOX-ID36BR3D-PLUS $300 AR
Here. Not a bad deal for someone looking for a system. I haven't been on top of things lately, but would someone explain how this has 3d support with the ION chipset. I didn't think it supported 3d.

-Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
Thats a good deal!
Damn i just paid 370 for for the bare-bones version. idk much about 3D but it says it has hdmi 1.4a. Which is what you would need for 3D. I really like it. I had a macmini and my biggest complaint was lack of bluray. I cant wait for quad core atoms to come out.
bump, no one knows about the 3d question with ion?
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
It definitly supports 3d. I mean it sas it on the box.
im not convinced on the 3D playback...
I can't confirm the 3D playback as I lack the TV for it, but I got one of these a couple months ago: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173007

It was on sale for $300 with rebate at the time, and I'm super happy with it. It appears the only differences are that the one I got comes with memory and an extra USB port. If you can find good memory for under $60 it's a better deal. Either way. I can say it would be nice if it would have come with an built-in IR receiver and bluetooth adapter, but I got a $10 bluetooth dongle and a $7 MCE remote that are taking up two of the USB ports. The 2GB RAM that came with mine feels like plenty but I may bring it up to the 4GB max soon, just because why not?

Everything is working great with XBMCbuntu 11.10 beta 3 EXCEPT surround audio over the HDMI out. Down-mixing to stereo and running analog pass-thru works fine though, and the surround issue is sort of a catastrophe all across Linux right now and is bound to eventually be addressed in a driver upgrade I'd think. It's not limited to the Zotac boxes.

After a couple months playing with it I can say I recommend them to anyone who wants a decent amount of power and flexibility in a small, power-efficient box that looks more like home theater equipment than a computer.
It has worked great for 3D movies. I have a 3D Samsung TV and It played well with any 3D Blu-Ray movies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX-ID36BR3D-PLUS $300 AR0