XBMCbuntu shutdown issue
I am new to linux but thought I would give XBMCbuntu a go. I have an issue though, xbmc hangs on shutdown. After about half an hour a tried ctrl - alt -f1 and was able to shutdown using sudo shutdown.

I also noticed that a get a script error when attempting to shutdown from the desktop, (if I have been doing anything ) if I just turn on and shutdown straight away from the desktop this works.

What could this be
Huh
bilbonvidia Wrote:I am new to linux but thought I would give XBMCbuntu a go. I have an issue though, xbmc hangs on shutdown. After about half an hour a tried ctrl - alt -f1 and was able to shutdown using sudo shutdown.

I also noticed that a get a script error when attempting to shutdown from the desktop, (if I have been doing anything ) if I just turn on and shutdown straight away from the desktop this works.

What could this be
Huh

I think it's the same problem I had. When you shutdown, isn't there a message hat says something like this "Remove install media and press ENTER to halt". It's hidden between all the other text.
To resolve the you have to open syslinux.cgf on your USB drive and add noprompt to the "Try XBMCbuntu" line (where nosplash and quiet are)
Randomly it seems to be okay now, but I do think it was down to some drive ssd issue, okay after swapping some cables round. I think my motherboard is dying to be honest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu shutdown issue0