Cannot read any video file on my Apple TV 2!
I am using the latest version of XBMC. After doing some settings, I can see the shared folder of my laptop. But no matter what type of video files I drag into that folder, I cannot see anything on my TV screen but a empty folder.

I have already created a file named "advancedsettings.xml" under this folder: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

And the commands contained are as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add> .m4v|.3gp|.nsv|.ts|.ty|.strm|.rm|.rmvb|.m3u|.ifo|.mov|.qt|.divx|.xvid|.bivx|.vob|.nrg|.img|.iso|.pva|.wmv|.asf|.asx|.ogm|.m2v|.avi|.bin|.dat|.dvr-ms|.mpg|.mpeg|.mp4|.mkv|.avc|.vp3|.svq3|.nuv|.viv|.dv|.fli|.flv|.rar|.001|.wpl|.zip</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Anyone can tell me why? And how I can fix it?? Thank you very much!!!
Sounds like you are still in the dialog for selecting the video source. In that dialog only folders are shown. You have to select the folder you want to add as a video source. After that it will ask you for a nem (e.x. Movies or TV-Shows or whatever) and it will appear as a source under Files afterwards. When entering the source from there it will show your files.

Wiki is a good start for newcomers...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot read any video file on my Apple TV 2!0