During quiet/silent moments in videos the audio drops completely
This has been going on for a few weeks now where my audio will completely drop out when during moments in videos with hardly any sound. This never happened to me until recently and it doesn't happen to me in VLC or windows media player classic. What is going on? I can not seem to stop it from doing this.
What version are you on dude? Anything in the debug log? Windows 7?
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
10.1 with windows 7. I havent tried enabling the debug log. I can see where the audio receiver is no longer getting transmission from my computer at the times the audio cuts out. I notifed that if I enable transmit stereo to all speakers then the issue won't occur anymore.
Update to Eden for starters - no good reason not to. Then if it's still happening post a debug log. No mind readers here. Your amp shouldn't lose the connection no matter how low the output. But right now we don't know anything about your setup except that its Windows and an older version of XBMC.

Sound card, drivers, hookup method, settings, receiver?

The more clear info you give the easier we can solve it.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Didnt want to upgrade to a beta..from what i've seen far more problems being reported with eden.

Im using the ati cards hdmi output, onkyo receiver. I was mostly posting with the assumption that it was something a little more common but I guess no one else is having the same issue....very strange for an issue that started out of the blue.

Ill post a decent log in a few minutes
http://www.ceromus.com/xbmc.log couldnt find how to attach it on here..

Anyway from like 3:12:30 - 3:14 I played through a few seconds of it, rewinded and played again. (times arent exact but pretty close)

At around 3:15 I set the option to transmit stereo to all speakers (the setting in the section where you choose audio track and subtitle) and I played through it again and the sound issue didnt occur. Then I closed it out.
Most people use pastebin.com but that's okay - posting your log that way is fine.

Two suggestions:

1) update to beta 3 - here's a link to a version that supports HD-Audio

2) try using the WASAPI mode for playback (in Win audio device settings select "Allow devices to take exclusive control of this device")

Make sure your XBMC and Windows volumes are set to 100%.

If it's still not working for you let us know, along with the make/model of your AVR.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Most people use pastebin.com but that's okay - posting your log that way is fine.

Two suggestions:

1) update to beta 3 - here's a link to a version that supports HD-Audio

2) try using the WASAPI mode for playback (in Win audio device settings select "Allow devices to take exclusive control of this device")

Make sure your XBMC and Windows volumes are set to 100%.

If it's still not working for you let us know, along with the make/model of your AVR.

Ive tried all of that except upgrading to beta. I may try that later on. My AVR is Onkyo HT-S3400 5.1-Channel Home Theater System
Uh oh - read these reviews on Amazon. Sounds like a common issue with the HDMI board failing....
This might be totally unrelated but I've had the same issue for the past 2 weeks or so, but for me it's not limited to xbmc which makes me think it's an encoding problem, especially since it happens in the exact same spots no matter if I'm using bitstreaming or software decoding.
Interesting - maybe the OP can check if it's repeatable at certain places in a file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
During quiet/silent moments in videos the audio drops completely0