B3 Screen Saver with music bug.
Question 
Hi,

I've noticed this issue for several iterations of XBMC (past 6 months or so).

Following config:
XP x32 - 3.6ghz, 4gb ram, 1gb Video. Wifi N pcie.
XBMC - Current B3 build (although issue has been for past 6 months of nightly's).
ALL Media via my Mac OSX server (SMB Shares) - but have tried cabled in as well to discount wifi issues.

Problem:
If I have my XBMC screensaver set to "my pictures" folder on slideshow (2sec interval), then play a radio stream or a 60 minute mp3 (concert for instance), after a random time, the music stops & so does slideshow.

I re-start the mp3 or radio & when the screensaver comes on as expected, several minutes later it stops again. Sometimes this is 3 minutes, sometimes it's 10 minutes - no consistency before it stops.

NOW - if I disable the "my pictures' slideshow screensaver to "none", my mp3 or radio stream for as long as needed (full album or hrs of radio).

Something is up with the screensaver imho.

Now I'm not sure how many other people run their screen saver from "my pictures' across a wifi network from a media server, but can anyone else reproduce?. Even with a cat5 cable I get the same issue however.

Ideas? Thanks in advance.
A debug log would be the first place to start looking.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Start the audio stream and wait for it to stop. When it does immediately close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the log file:

mePQs9zJ

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=mePQs9zJ

Again, any help is most appreciated. Its a real frustration.
It's because of:

Code:
1662 20:05:43 T:3440   DEBUG: Playing slide smb://192.168.10.12/Photos/Life/2011/2011 Jan - Bikes/Archive.zip as video

For some reason XBMC thinks smb://192.168.10.12/Photos/Life/2011/2011 Jan - Bikes/Archive.zip is a video and is trying to play it. That stops the stream that's currently playing.

JR
Thumbs Up 
Great! - thanks for the reply.

So is this a bug then?

Would it be worth putting in some logic into xbmc so that zip/movie files would simply be bypassed?

Many photo librarys have zip & video files in this day & age.

Anyway - thanks for your help - I can at least rectify that directory & hope that the feature is put into xbmc later.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
B3 Screen Saver with music bug.0