Setting up my new HTPC
I just bought a Zbox from tigerdirect. I dropped in some ram and am Using the SD Card (class 10) as a hard drive.

I originally installed Eden Live beta 3. It took hours to install. when it installed it was running OK. My MCE remote was working right out of the box. I noticed that the sound sound wasn't working. I tried every type of configuration (I had no idea what I was doing.

I tried HDMI, Default, and iec958. I tried every configuration I could with audio output device and passthrough output device (I don't know what the different is). Nothing would give me sound.

This is the same cord and configuration I was using with my AppleTV1 which worked right out of the box with no need to setup the sound.

I then tried to connect it to my SQL database. All of a sudden I had major stability issues. It was extremely slow. I could still use it (played movies, music, ok) but the navigation of the system was terrible. This was even with confluence as the skin.

So I said screw it and installed dharma live. Installed very quickly but again no sound but also no remote control usage. I read on the forums that there should be a mceremote add on under program xbmx.org/programs but i couldn't find it. I also couldn't find the zip anywhere on the internet. What do I need to do to get sound and the remote working in dharma.

P.S. Can anyone also tell me how to update to the newest nightly build for Dharma (not eden). I'm sure there are tons of features I am missing out on since 10.1 was released a year ago.
Hi!
Same problem here regarding sound (and I dont understand it 100% yet), but Iv got sound through hdmi when setting "Audio output" = analog and "Audio output device" = hdmi

...also running a zotac nd22
/tompa
I know this is openelec but have you tried these settings:
http://www.openelec.tv/find-help/documen...ox-hd-id11

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I couldn't find those settings for openelec. But this openelec gives me another avenue to start from. I think I am going to install this openelec and see where it takes me. I won't be able to get to this tomorrow but will update this forum if it works.

I don't think I am going to get the SQL to work well with Eden beta. I have tried eden with both my ATV1 and a computer with win7 and it goes to hell.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up my new HTPC0