Solved Would appreciate help with choppy video
yes, apologies for another video playback thread, however I have been battling this problem for a few weeks with no success.

Basically, some 1080p rips have choppy video playback, a few frames dropped here and there, whilst other 1080p rips play perfectly fine.

I suspect it may be an audio issue, but I cant seem to remedy it.

I am running an Intel NUC i3, with XBMC 12.2 installed on a 90GB SSD, 8GB ram (though XBMC only recognises 4GB)

Movies are streamed over NAS, which is connected via powerline adaptors (had buffer issues over wifi)

My NUC is connected via HDMI to my surround sound reciever/blu-ray player, which in turn is connected via HDMI to my TV.

Now, if I go to settings> Audio Output> Audio output device, I have two options:

HDA Intel PCH, OEM 32W_LCD_TV on HDMI (currently selected)
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI (produces no sound)

Surely my blu-ray player should be listed as an option?

As it stands, I have my Audio Output set to Analog and 2.0.

I have tried changing it to HDMI then turning on ever decoder 1 by 1 with no success.

The manual for my blu-ray player tells me that Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby True HD, 3D Sound Plus, DTS, DTS 96 / 24, DTS HD, AAC, LPCM are all available.

Thank you for reading, again I apoligise for making yet another one of these type of threads, however my own research has drawn a blank.

Also, I am very very new to Linux, so please be gentle with me lol
What type of file system is your nas using?
Is your network running at full 1gbs, nas, cat5e+ and xbmc system?
Have you copied a file directly to the SSD to test if those files are still problematic?
Also from my experience as well as reading lots of other post, intel graphic cards seem problematic.
Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I dont think it is a problem with my network, but just to make sure I tried a file locally, and I still get the same jitter.

Lots of people have stated that the NUC is capable of 1080p playback, so I dont think its an Intel problem.

For example I have a trilogy of 35GB 1080p rips on my network drive, 2 of them play with the jitter issue, and the third plays perfectly, with no problems.
debug log that shows the issue?
I do not get any error messages, would a log still be generated?

If so, where would it be located?

Thanks.
Debug Log (link) and don't post it directly on the forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks, I have the debug log.

Should I PM it to you?
(2013-08-06, 13:56)district_11 Wrote: Thanks, I have the debug log.

Should I PM it to you?

No. As explained in the linked wiki article, upload the log to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
Thankyou,

here is the link

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42653
bump
Cannot read the log - seems offline.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=45133

Heres a new log, I played about 5 minutes of a movie and the frame rate dropped between 17fps and 24fps
Quote:18:10:05 T:2733505344 DEBUG: VAAPI - initialize version 0.32
18:10:05 T:2733505344 ERROR: VAAPI - unable to initialize display -1 - unknown libva error

Same as always :-)
Code:
sudo apt-get install libva-intel-vaapi-driver

and reboot afterwards. You are missing the vaapi drivers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That has fixed my problem, Thank you!

Thank you very much!!
Set the topic to solved please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Would appreciate help with choppy video0