• 9(current)
HOW-TO customize the home menu with custom categories
Hi, I've been searching this forum to find the best pace to ask this and this looks my best bet?

I have created a load of video Nodes / playlists for things like Oscar wins etc and 90% of them work great.

However I'm having a problem with 'Sets' in some of the categories library views. For example, I've created a Movie node for the IMDB Top 250. When I deselect 'Show movie sets' under Settings/Media/Videos… it lists all my movies accurately in order as per the IMDB website…so I know the node is setup correctly.

However, when I select 'Show movie sets' it messes the library view up and puts the sets at the start of the list and for example puts 'Dark Knight' near the end of the list in its set. Therefore, everything is out of order.

I would be grateful for any advice to see if there is any way to change the ‘Library view’ for a particular category / Node / Playlist, so that it shows the individual movies and not the sets? (without deselecting 'Show movie sets' as I still want sets to show in my normal library view)

Thanks in advance!
(2020-05-11, 22:24)mataus19 Wrote: Hi, I've been searching this forum to find the best pace to ask this and this looks my best bet?

I have created a load of video Nodes / playlists for things like Oscar wins etc and 90% of them work great.

However I'm having a problem with 'Sets' in some of the categories library views. For example, I've created a Movie node for the IMDB Top 250. When I deselect 'Show movie sets' under Settings/Media/Videos… it lists all my movies accurately in order as per the IMDB website…so I know the node is setup correctly.

However, when I select 'Show movie sets' it messes the library view up and puts the sets at the start of the list and for example puts 'Dark Knight' near the end of the list in its set. Therefore, everything is out of order.

I would be grateful for any advice to see if there is any way to change the ‘Library view’ for a particular category / Node / Playlist, so that it shows the individual movies and not the sets? (without deselecting 'Show movie sets' as I still want sets to show in my normal library view)

Thanks in advance!

unsure about nodes but when using xsp file you will need to add a
<group>none</group>
tag in the xsp file

3.5 Grouping
Quote:" There's an important difference between not providing a <group> tag (or providing an empty <group> tag) and setting the value of the <group> tag to none: The latter will overrule any mixed grouping that would be applied by default to a list of media items (specifically for a mixed list of movies and movie sets if the setting Group movies into sets is enabled)."

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Imdb Top 250</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="top250" operator="isnot">
<value>0</value>
</rule>
<group>none</group>
<limit>250</limit>
<order direction="ascending">top250</order>
</smartplaylist>
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO customize the home menu with custom categories5