Problem playing files from "Movie" Library
I have a couple issues trying to play my movies on my iPad 2 with ftp as a source.

First:
My movies use to play fine but for some reason now they won't play from the movie library menu. When I try to play a movie from the "movie" menu it says "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?" But when I try to play the exact same movie from the "Videos" file menu it will play fine. Can someone explain what I need to do to fix this.

Second:
Only some of my movies are now playing from the "Videos" file menu. When I try to play some of the movies from this menu it says: "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."

Thanks in advance!

lozell_m

I have an iPad 2 (32gb)
xbmc, eden beta 3
filezilla ftp server
A debug log will tell you the problem. My guess is changed paths?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Did your network share happen to get assigned a different IP address?
Eden 3 should have fixed this.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120754
I am running eden beta 3.

No, my network share didn't get another ip address.

When I try to play some of the movies thru the videos file menu they will work fine but when I try to play the same movie from the "movies" menu it says that it has been removed.
I had the same issue, but this was after I editted my mediasources xml manually (because i didn't wanted to change everything from ftp to ftps)

Anyway, if you throw away your video database and rescan everything I think it will work again. It can also be a problem with the update from a previous version to beta3.

If you don't want tomrescan your library, a work around is to double tap on the movie in librarymode (so with two fingers) and the select play from here. That should work as it then plays directly from the source as it is stored in your library.

Remco
Still not seeing a debug log ...
in library mode Press and hold select button to get to information and hit play from that menu.

Does the file play?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing files from "Movie" Library0