Skin Textures update help
Hi, been trying to figure something out for the past few hours and I finally decided to come to the forum for help.

It appears as if skin related thumbnails are cached nowadays. This is understandable, but makes updating Skin a bit tedious, or in my case, hard to figure out. Most skins have Texture.xbt files which contain thumbnails. It seems as if it is not possible any longer, to recreate the folder structure of the contents within this texture file, and add a new file to replace or update a file within the texture file or cache. Changed are not seen in the Skin at all.

For example, when using the Aeon Nox skin, I put all my updated record label thumbnails in "skin.aeon.nox\media\flags\music\recordlabel" which is the correct location, and they don't update in XBMC unless I change the name of the (*.png) to something else (not in the Textures.xbt) and change the SQL strlabel value to this new record label name. All record labels which currently exist cannot seem to be updated, as with other texture files contained in the Textures.xbt.

If skin files are cached, how is it possible to update skin Textures quickly? I'm pretty lost here on the topic. I'm just trying to make a few changes to a Skin, and it appears to be much harder than it previously was.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to turn Skin texture caching off for the purpose of updating a Skin.

Please help?!?!?!?! You guys always have the answers. Thanks in advance.
This has always been the case. Textures.xbt takes priority over any file that may exist.

There is no additional caching beyond this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Textures update help0