[LIVE] computer does not recognize live cd
I am trving to create a live USB. Following the FAQ. I downloaded the live iso 10.1. Burned it to a CD. I made sure to close the cd.

when I reboot and direct the computer to boot from the cd it does not find an operating system.

I have tried this on 2 different computers and get the same results on both.

Any ideas of what was going wrong?

I though this would be easy, but not for me.
dennisyuki Wrote:I am trving to create a live USB. Following the FAQ. I downloaded the live iso 10.1. Burned it to a CD. I made sure to close the cd.

when I reboot and direct the computer to boot from the cd it does not find an operating system.

I have tried this on 2 different computers and get the same results on both.

Any ideas of what was going wrong?

I though this would be easy, but not for me.

Have you tried a different burning program..? For windows i'm partial to burning on imgburn, and haven't had any issues yet with any distros as far as burning cds, or dvds with it...

You've obviously set your bios to boot from cdrom then, but you mentioned you were trying to make a live USB...

The live iso and the beta xbmcbuntu with eden beta3 in it all also create perfectly bootable usb images using lili (linux live creator). I have both run from and installed from a couple different usb drives on many machines and they all work fine.
I was going fast so I used the dell default burner. I should have used imgburn. I did find later that night LILI. It worked perfect. Ultimately I wanted a live USB.

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] computer does not recognize live cd0