TV show folder appears empty
I have a folder in Windows Explorer of 3 seasons of a tv show I just downloaded. There are 6 shows in each season, all are .avi and all are about 350MBs. Each season is a child folder.

XBMC can see the parent folder and downloads the show information correctly but when I go into that folder in XBMC it's empty. The shows play fine in media player.

I've tried cutting and pasting the folder, renaming them, renaming the shows, and updating the library but they never seem to show up.
Things to check:

1. A video source was created, content type was set to TV Series and thetvdb was set as the scanner.
2. A library scan was performed by either pressing "c" and choose Update Library from the menu, clicking Run Automated Scan from the video source screen or setting XBMC to update library on startup in the System Setup.
3. The TV episodes are named properly as displayed in theTVDB.com.

example:

M:\TVSeries\Castle 2009\Season 1\Castle 2009 S01E01.avi

Season folders are optional but it makes it a lot cleaner when you have long running shows Season/Episode format can be any that are supported as above or 1x01,1x02 etc.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_%28...Library%29
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Unfortunately I have already done all of these. This series is in the same folder as all of my other shows which are all functioning properly. I even went to thetvdb.com and renamed all of the episodes to what they have. XBMC finds the folder, and displays the fanart for the show, but the folder is empty inside.

I'm on Win 7, Eden Beta 3. Any other suggestions?
Do the debug log dance!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Scanning the debug file I found this line which pertains to the show in question. Is this the problem? I've been playing with organizing the folder so there is only one show in there right now. Could the file be an unrecognized format?

01:07:27 T:3744 DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - probing detected format [avi]
01:07:27 T:3172 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file C:\Users\d*****\Videos\Misfits\Episode One.avi
No, but that shows pretty clearly what the problem is. Episode One.avi does not match the default regexps (s01e01 type stuff).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:No, but that shows pretty clearly what the problem is. Episode One.avi does not match the default regexps (s01e01 type stuff).

Thanks that worked like a charm. Usually the shows are prenamed correctly but these weren't. I renamed them to the exact name of the show in tvdb but I now understand why that wasn't enough!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show folder appears empty0